*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Paniolo Trophy weather forecast for Laramie, Nov. 27

Post by wyokie »

High of 47 and a low of 22

No wind (which amazes me)

Sadly no chance whatsoever of snow. RATS!!!!

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Paniolo Trophy weather forecast for Laramie, Nov. 27

Post by Duster »

wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:27 pm High of 47 and a low of 22

Cowboys still have 7,200 ft. elevation.

I never heard of consuming garlic to acclimate to altitude before: https://www.springcreekranch.com/tips-f ... kson-hole/

Aside from the attitude overcoming altitude mindset, maybe garlic supplements are in order - or lots of kim chee or Bravo restaurant garlic rolls.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Duster wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:40 pm

It's 7,220 feet above sea level. [-X

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:56 pm
Duster wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:40 pm

It's 7,220 feet above sea level. [-X
LOL! Like comparing head-spinning Naval Station Pearl Harbor, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI (8 meters/26 feet elevation) to the sea level at beach outside Pearl Harbor.

Although I hiked all over Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone, I wasn't chased by a bear or bison so I did not end up sucking wind. Was shocked to see Norm Chow there in UH gear, but that is another story.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Duster wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 pm Although I hiked all over Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone, I wasn't chased by a bear or bison so I did not end up sucking wind. Was shocked to see Norm Chow there in UH gear, but that is another story.
So you're one of the smart tourists in our National Parks? LOL We get some really dumb ones who has to get very close-up selfies with a bison only a few feet away from the moron. :roll: Real Darwin award material. :roll:

Oh, and kudos for calling them bison. Most call them buffalo.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Oh, one game related piece of news...

Our best LB, Chris Muma, got invited to play in the Senior Bowl and declared for the 2022 NFL Draft.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I never kept track, Bows do good in the snow?

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:31 pm
Duster wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 pm Although I hiked all over Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone, I wasn't chased by a bear or bison so I did not end up sucking wind. Was shocked to see Norm Chow there in UH gear, but that is another story.
So you're one of the smart tourists in our National Parks? LOL We get some really dumb ones who has to get very close-up selfies with a bison only a few feet away from the moron. :roll: Real Darwin award material. :roll:

Gotta heed the park rangers. I did not go to Wyoming to check out hospital accommodations. Speaking of dumb tourists at national parks, we get those at Volcanoes who ignore park ranger warnings to stay on marked paths and not to go on recent lava flows. Funny when they realize that the top crusted over but it's still hot and get a hotfoot and melted shoe soles.

Any truth to garlic mitigating altitude change though? Or does it fall within the "these statements are not substantiated by the FDA" type disclaimer they have on supplements?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Duster wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:25 pm
wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:31 pm

Gotta heed the park rangers. I did not go to Wyoming to check out hospital accommodations. Speaking of dumb tourists at national parks, we get those at Volcanoes who ignore park ranger warnings to stay on marked paths and not to go on recent lava flows. Funny when they realize that the top crusted over but it's still hot and get a hotfoot and melted shoe soles.
We get the same dumbdumbs over in Yellowstone around the geysers like Old Faithful. One gal actually tried getting into a geyser (might have been a hot spring) like you would with a hot tub. Learned the hard way on that.

People are just plain stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Well, there's only one thing left to do then...

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 am Well, there's only one thing left to do then...
Yeah, Wyoming winning at home against Hawaii...again!!!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:20 am
SundayJam wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 am Well, there's only one thing left to do then...
Yeah, Wyoming winning at home against Hawaii...again!!!
It's been an odd couple of years. This year has been particularly odd for the Pokes. You have a winning record based on a weak OOC schedule. We've mostly lost games we were supposed to lose. You lose games you're supposed to win (New Mexico) and win games you're supposed to lose (Utah State). Well, you're supposed to win this game by 10.5 points. History may be on your side, but I think the winner of this game may be up to luck of the draw. :cowboy: Your luck may have just run out this time.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Wyoming man-handled USU. Their defense is one of the toughest in our conference. Their offense seemed to come alive in the USU game which surprised me. We play poorly in the cold. Our receivers have a hard time catching the ball. Our offense struggles against good defense. Three and outs will kill our defense. Especially at altitude. They will wilt in the second half. Wyoming is a very physical team. Just ask USU. Still as a fan I hope that they will prove me to be wrong.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

RedZone wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:16 pm Wyoming man-handled USU. Their defense is one of the toughest in our conference. Their offense seemed to come alive in the USU game which surprised me. We play poorly in the cold. Our receivers have a hard time catching the ball. Our offense struggles against good defense. Three and outs will kill our defense. Especially at altitude. They will wilt in the second half. Wyoming is a very physical team. Just ask USU. Still as a fan I hope that they will prove me to be wrong.
NS...we're 10.5 point underdogs. This is OUR bowl game of the year. We'll obliterate them. (and when we lose...I'll say...well, we were supposed to lose). Hello? Hawaii is a very physical team too. Their defense is ranked one of the toughest because they played mostly cream puffs this year. Yeah...we showed our imperfections this year...but so did the Pokes. This hasn't been a perfect year for anyone in the MWC.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

I think the underrated/underestimated part of Wyoming’s game is the kickoff return. Our kicker needs to prevent returns by getting it deep or out of the end zone. Kickoff coverage will be the most vulnerable phase since we will have ten people sprinting upfield at 7,220’ (thanks Wyokie) elevation to cover. If there is no wind and reasonably warm (so the ball will not feel like kicking a rock), should be a can-do if the kicker maintains form. We gave up long kickoff returns in Laramie before (and they have at least one returned for a TD I believe) so it is a detail that needs to be addressed. Sure, gotta score to kickoff, but we cannot have any bright ideas on special teams regarding kicking short to clean up with coverage.