ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: *****OFFICIAL SAN DIEGO ST. vs. HAWAII GAME TREAD*****

Post by ulua »

Couple things on that last drive.
1st play Parson needs to head out of bounds and not run to the middle that allowed to clock to keep running
then on that last play Chev needed to either go for the end zone, side line or throw it away to give yourself another chance, instead again he throws short middle and clocks runs out. The team needs to know how to manage the clock in this type of situation.

Hats off to the "D" for giving this team all the chance in the world to win, they only gave up 10 points to a good SDSU Team that is spectacular.

That ST score was also a let down

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

UHALLDAWAY808 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:35 pm Here’s what I think..This is another game we could have won…If we had an Offense..Flat out embarrassing on National TV…Defense did their best
Certainly a winnable game. Embarrassing might be a bit strong. We lost to a ranked team who was favored by 7 points…..by 7 points. Since SDSU is a defense first team, this is exactly the type of game any one who was a part of the National audience was expecting when you consider that for an 11pm eastern kickoff, anyone watching was either a fan of one of the teams or a gambler anyway.

stranger_808
High-quality H20 provider

Post by stranger_808 »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:52 pm Chevan needs help from coaching on his decision making. Take the short pass even if its long yardage, get something back.
agree, and it really showed on our last series. QB1 needs a good QB coach, he played like a frosh.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.

stranger_808

Post by stranger_808 »

ulua wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 pm Couple things on that last drive.
1st play Parson needs to head out of bounds and not run to the middle that allowed to clock to keep running
then on that last play Chev needed to either go for the end zone, side line or throw it away to give yourself another chance, instead again he throws short middle and clocks runs out. The team needs to know how to manage the clock in this type of situation.

Hats off to the "D" for giving this team all the chance in the world to win, they only gave up 10 points to a good SDSU Team that is spectacular.

That ST score was also a let down
I agree 100%

stranger_808

Post by stranger_808 »

This was a winnable game with better offensive execution, play-calling, and coaching. Defense, like others said, played well. On the bright side,it was nice to see fans again, especially the student fans.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Another $hitty O....seriously....why is Jr leading the O?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

SDSU is a top 10 defense and played like it. Everyone always gotta blame someone or something, but sometimes the the matchup isn't great and the other team is just a little better. We had a shot to tie it and came up short. It sucks.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

poidog wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:39 pm SDSU is a top 10 defense and played like it. Everyone always gotta blame someone or something, but sometimes the the matchup isn't great and the other team is just a little better. We had a shot to tie it and came up short. It sucks.
Agreed. We have a very good football team. From a historic perspective, football in general has become much less sloppy. Teams having bad years would be making mistakes all over the place. We had some of those teams in the past. In general, college football is more disciplined now. And we have a fairly well disciplined team. Nothing to be ashamed about.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Solo Vaipolu has 30 or 40 yards in penalties in the last two games? I know he had three flinches against Utah State and last night I guess he got a personal for 15 yards? What happened to our highly touted recruit Micah Howlett?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Coach Todd has a good real time awareness of the full game. He called the targeting on Jared Smart and on replay although FS1 did not agree, I thought it was targeting. Then his reasoning for not going for the onside kick was solid.

Link

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:13 pm They gotta look for Jared Smart. He's got the hands.
Still too much CTJR When they need a play, we all know exactly who the play is for. There are other guys too.

It's almost they are trying to promote CTJR for the Heisman or something. Or maybe they feel he has the legit chance to turn pro, and that's the best recruiting tool for Hawaii.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Remind me why we are not a 4 down lineman type of defense? I don't mean where we don't have 4 down on a play, more like why it's not the standard. I will use Wagner's defense for example. There was always 4 down. And if the situation is 3 and 17, they would switch to 3 lineman, and the extra man in the back because we all know it's a pass play.

Not just TG, but seems like for a long time now where 4 down is not the standard.

Are we no longer able to keep beasts like Al Noga or Joe Seumalo?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:48 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:13 pm They gotta look for Jared Smart. He's got the hands.
Still too much CTJR When they need a play, we all know exactly who the play is for. There are other guys too.

It's almost they are trying to promote CTJR for the Heisman or something. Or maybe they feel he has the legit chance to turn pro, and that's the best recruiting tool for Hawaii.
Yeah, Turner dropped the first two to him. Due to the camera angles (felt like I was in a dorm room watching the game from afar with FS1) on the first throw it looked like it was right in the gut, second one was low. There may have been an unspoken promise last year to CT and his family to give him some exposure to get him from jumping pro but, it was for his own good because based on his performance so far, he would have been cut. He's got extraordinary quickness but it almost looks like his concentration is not all there. I think that CC is carrying the ball like a running back more that a QB to avoid the fumble so it looks like all his throws are not coming out spiral.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Yup, like his concentration is not there. Or he does not want to be here at UH. Or maybe already thinking he does not want to get hurt. Like he is on at 75% effort.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:41 am Yup, like his concentration is not there. Or he does not want to be here at UH. Or maybe already thinking he does not want to get hurt. Like he is on at 75% effort.
When he plays well we say its amazing how he looks like he's not running at full speed yet he busts big plays and he's faster than everyone else. But when he doesn't play well we say it looks like he's at 75% effort. Maybe he's just a better RB/Running QB than he is a receiver? He's only in year #2 of playing receiver. Same can be said of being a full-time KR/PR - he's never done it regularly before this season and he's struggling at that, too. If most of his touches were from out of the backfield, I think the criticism would be less and he'd look way more comfortable and consistent. Instead, we'd be complaining that they aren't doing enough to get him the ball.