Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: *****OFFICIAL UH vs. UTAH STATE GAME THREAD*****

Post by Palolo_2LA »

UHALLDAWAY808 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:09 am Just saying ..If I was coach , Kaneshiro and Ford would be second or third string..But I’m not and maybe we have no one better 🤷🏻‍♂️
They can't stop my granmada.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

UHALLDAWAY808 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:16 am Fricken sorry..Step down from last year
$hitty deals

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

couz808 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:29 am I remember a time in 2000s when we were doing this to the Aggie’s. My how time flies.
Back when we had a high octane O.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

stranger_808 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:37 pm Mad Dog defense?
Looks like the $hit bird defense.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:45 pm Sorry a$$ team plain and simple. Sorry the praying coach can't get it done. The guy in the sky isn't favoring UH FB.
The menehune that live under Aloha Stadium are pissed. This is a curse.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

12 yards rushing. No can run no can win. Our oline got destroyed. Looking at players on both sides. We just need to recruit better. Staff needs upgrade.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

RedZone wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:47 pm 12 yards rushing. No can run no can win. Our oline got destroyed. Looking at players on both sides. We just need to recruit better. Staff needs upgrade.
Rolovich

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/foot ... -hawaii/60

For the record: Hawaii has always had trouble with Utah State. Rolovich has never beaten Utah State as the head coach for Hawaii. His last game against the Aggies (our last game) was a 56 - 17 loss here in Hawaii in November 2018. June Jones was a perfect 3-0 against them...and McMackin was 2-1.

I couldn't watch the game. I saw some highlights. However, we were down 44 -31 with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. We attempted an on side kick which was returned for a touchdown by the Aggies. That sealed the deal. We didn't quit. We didn't roll-over and die. There was some extraordinary fight in this game.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Bobby Curran is really not qualified in being a game broadcaster and it was really annoying in this game it took him about 30 seconds to drag out the sentence, "its liiiike usssing chiiiicken parts... to make chiiicken salad." You could have used that time for a commercial. There is no down and distance talk on every play. He does not say things other normal broadcasters say like the play went for 21 yards on the pass to the WR. If anybody can put a damper on recruiting, its him. As for an alumni, its a real turn off to make me want to contribute.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:46 pm https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/foot ... -hawaii/60

For the record: Hawaii has always had trouble with Utah State. Rolovich has never beaten Utah State as the head coach for Hawaii. His last game against the Aggies (our last game) was a 56 - 17 loss here in Hawaii in November 2018. June Jones was a perfect 3-0 against them...and McMackin was 2-1.

I couldn't watch the game. I saw some highlights. However, we were down 44 -31 with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. We attempted an on side kick which was returned for a touchdown by the Aggies. That sealed the deal. We didn't quit. We didn't roll-over and die. There was some extraordinary fight in this game.
Utah State has a very good program in recent years. But not at our level many years ago. They also had our backs years ago during the mass WAC defection when multiple programs secretly excluded us from the conversation. Their staff had class.
Last edited by UnBiasFan on Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:47 am Bobby Curran is really not qualified in being a game broadcaster and it was really annoying in this game it took him about 30 seconds to drag out the sentence, "its liiiike usssing chiiiicken parts... to make chiiicken salad." You could have used that time for a commercial. There is no down and distance talk on every play. He does not say things other normal broadcasters say like the play went for 21 yards on the pass to the WR. If anybody can put a damper on recruiting, its him. As for an alumni, its a real turn off to make me want to contribute.
Agreed. The price for PPV, the lack of access to a broader group of fans, and BC’s tiring homerism … contributes to the program being at kind of a short term low. But Graham is still a decent coach and they can dig out of this. We are no where near the low we reached with Chow.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:36 am
SundayJam wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:46 pm https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/foot ... -hawaii/60

Utah State has a very good program in recent years. But not at our level many years ago. They also had our backs years ago during the mass WAC defection when multiple programs secretly excluded us from the conversation. Their staff had class.
Utah State has been slowly building up their program over the years. They expanded their stadium to over 51000 seats. While we have shrunken ours. I don’t know about covid years but they have been selling out their games. Our manini fan base is only getting smaller not like years past when we rocked Aloha Stadium. Once you lose fans it is very difficult to get them back. The only cure is winning.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:08 am

Utah State has been slowly building up their program over the years. They expanded their stadium to over 51000 seats. While we have shrunken ours. I don’t know about covid years but they have been selling out their games. Our manini fan base is only getting smaller not like years past when we rocked Aloha Stadium. Once you lose fans it is very difficult to get them back. The only cure is winning.
Um actually Utah State's Stadium, Maverick Stadium has gotten smaller from its max capacity of just over 30,000 to now just over 25,000. Maybe you're thinking of University of Utah and their stadium, Rice-Eccles Stadium. That has a capacity of over 51,000.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:33 am

Um actually Utah State's Stadium, Maverick Stadium has gotten smaller from its max capacity of just over 30,000 to now just over 25,000. Maybe you're thinking of University of Utah and their stadium, Rice-Eccles Stadium. That has a capacity of over 51,000.
Oops wrong guys. You are correct.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:52 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:33 am

Oops wrong guys. You are correct.
I was thinking of their S&C center. Got mixed up with schools.