Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: *****OFFICIAL NMSU vs. HAWAII GAME 2 THREAD*****

Post by ulua »

honu888 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:56 pm Speaking of refs. The head ref needs to be less Rigamortis like. I know it’s almost Halloween but geez! C’mon man!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

MWC potw for parson?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Decent job by schager

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Winnah winnah chicken dinner!

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

poidog wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:16 pm Decent job by schager
Yeah it seemed like they only gave him more short passes this game. No long bombs that I recall. The run game worked out well for UH this game.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

honu888 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:19 pm
Yeah it seemed like they only gave him more short passes this game. No long bombs that I recall. The run game worked out well for UH this game.
They threw more to our runningback and I was surprised to see how a good receiver Parson is. Over 200 all purpose yards he was pretty much the offense.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

RedZone wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:49 pm
honu888 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:19 pm
They threw more to our runningback and I was surprised to see how a good receiver Parson is. Over 200 all purpose yards he was pretty much the offense.
well we've been asking for some changes to the playcalling and tonight they called the game a little different. Schager's inexperience shows at times, but we had better drives overall because there weren't a lot of wasted downs.

NMSU is a little better than their record.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Anyone worried about the special teams? Still crap.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

The offense stuck in the 80s. Why the hell they recruited so many WRs? Their job is to block bc we run 8x in a roll? Better to get more Oline and RBs? Smells like Papa Chow ball.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

NMSU had the right combination of offensive calls to keep the ball moving. I wish Hawaii could move the ball up and down the field like they did. If it were not for the two interception returns for touchdown, it would have been a tie game. And, they are still calling the screens to the receivers behind the line and losing yards. I wonder when they'll figure out its not working.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:45 am NMSU had the right combination of offensive calls to keep the ball moving. I wish Hawaii could move the ball up and down the field like they did. If it were not for the two interception returns for touchdown, it would have been a tie game. And, they are still calling the screens to the receivers behind the line and losing yards. I wonder when they'll figure out its not working.
When we get a new OC.
ImageImage

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:22 am The offense stuck in the 80s. Why the hell they recruited so many WRs? Their job is to block bc we run 8x in a roll? Better to get more Oline and RBs? Smells like Papa Chow ball.
You need to watch the game more closely. Others including Miano thought the play calling was good tonight. With an inexperienced QB you give him the easy throws. The runs and passes to the RB keeps defenders in the box that eventually opens up the intermediate passes. The run to pass ratio for the season is 51% pass and 49% run. For the game running the ball was 55%. Offensive attack for the season is balanced. Schrager was 25 for 29 the highest completion percent for a UH QB ever. Great blocking by the OL and TE. The run game has been solid all year. All Hunter, Parsons and Turner all average 5.7+ yards per carry for the season.

Where we get hurt is mistakes (false starts) and drops that destroys the offensive rhythm, special team mistakes (fumbles) and turnovers. That is where we have lost games. 4 loses to quality teams; UCLA, OSU, SJSU and Nevada.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:45 am NMSU had the right combination of offensive calls to keep the ball moving. I wish Hawaii could move the ball up and down the field like they did. If it were not for the two interception returns for touchdown, it would have been a tie game. And, they are still calling the screens to the receivers behind the line and losing yards. I wonder when they'll figure out its not working.
NMSU runs the air raid. We used the same kind of D that other teams used against our R&S, rush three and drop eight. Give the short stuff, keep receivers in front, let them run. NMSU ran well. They did throw long but didn't complete any. Dropping eight caused issues for the QB that resulted in two pick 6s.

IF? If we didn't fumble four times it would have been a blow out. Our D created the pick 6s. Some of our fumbles and poor field position were gifts.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Classy interview with Dedrick and Khoury in the second half of the interview. Coach, Parsons and Bethley all appear very professionally humble. Go Bows!

Link

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

he is a good, smart coach and a good man. That's why he is well respected in college football.