UH is in the Hawaii Bowl

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UH is in the Hawaii Bowl

Post by SundayJam »

Can you park at Kapiolani Community College? I would take the bus or just walk from there. It isn't that far. I am so jealous of all of you that can make the game.

I caught the last interview of Graham by ESPN Hawaii. He seemed pretty humble and saddened by the departure of the two star players. He didn't seem at all out of touch. He expressed pride in the development of the OL and DL and the impact they had on the final game. If Dae Dae and Cordeiro play with heart in their final game as Warriors...I think we will have another Wyoming-style beat-down on hand. Utah State, among others, put a beat-down on in-conference rivals. I think most have underestimated the tough schedule we played this year.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Just wondering what was "the rush" to enter the transfer portal? Was it to prove a point? Could they wait till 1/1/2022? I don't see any advanatge entering that early, especially when we know "get chance" (for a Bowl game.) Sure, it's good to let other schools know that you are available. But this is one more game with the boys. I can't imagine they pass that up. At that time, UH did not qualify, but get chance.

We will never know, but I wonder if there's something more. Meaning, some guys mouth off at the coach, and that's usually an automatic out, I assume.

Let's use CC as an example. There is no way he would not start in the Hawaii Bowl. Play the game, win for the team, win for the Seniors, win for the braddahs. If the writing is on the wall that CC will not be the starting QB next year, then YES, transfer portal. No one will blame him or hold it against him.

To me, this felt more like they "quit" on the team. Sure, ok to hate the coaches, but don't leave your brothers out. CC was UH's best chance to win the Hawaii Bowl. And I'm sure CC know and believes he is the best QB to give UH a chance to win.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

So Calvin Turner still get chance to get 1K return yards to make history of 1K Rushing, 1K receiving and 1K return yards, bowl game stats counts correct?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

ulua wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:05 pm So Calvin Turner still get chance to get 1K return yards to make history of 1K Rushing, 1K receiving and 1K return yards, bowl game stats counts correct?
Yep.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:23 pm
ulua wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:05 pm So Calvin Turner still get chance to get 1K return yards to make history of 1K Rushing, 1K receiving and 1K return yards, bowl game stats counts correct?
Yep.
Cool, thanks

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

ulua wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:49 pm
wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:23 pm
Yep.
Cool, thanks
No problem. :-)

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:36 am Just wondering what was "the rush" to enter the transfer portal? Was it to prove a point? Could they wait till 1/1/2022? I don't see any advanatge entering that early, especially when we know "get chance" (for a Bowl game.) Sure, it's good to let other schools know that you are available. But this is one more game with the boys. I can't imagine they pass that up. At that time, UH did not qualify, but get chance.

We will never know, but I wonder if there's something more. Meaning, some guys mouth off at the coach, and that's usually an automatic out, I assume.

Let's use CC as an example. There is no way he would not start in the Hawaii Bowl. Play the game, win for the team, win for the Seniors, win for the braddahs. If the writing is on the wall that CC will not be the starting QB next year, then YES, transfer portal. No one will blame him or hold it against him.

To me, this felt more like they "quit" on the team. Sure, ok to hate the coaches, but don't leave your brothers out. CC was UH's best chance to win the Hawaii Bowl. And I'm sure CC know and believes he is the best QB to give UH a chance to win.
The earlier you put your name in the portal, the sooner you get in line for scholarship offers. 3 weeks could mean the difference between getting a scholarship and not getting one. Coaches are already here on island recruiting Cordeiro and Dae Dae already has an offer from Nevada, so this stuff is already moving.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

poidog wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:23 pm
cabanalane wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:36 am Just wondering what was "the rush" to enter the transfer portal? Was it to prove a point? Could they wait till 1/1/2022? I don't see any advanatge entering that early, especially when we know "get chance" (for a Bowl game.) Sure, it's good to let other schools know that you are available. But this is one more game with the boys. I can't imagine they pass that up. At that time, UH did not qualify, but get chance.

The earlier you put your name in the portal, the sooner you get in line for scholarship offers. 3 weeks could mean the difference between getting a scholarship and not getting one. Coaches are already here on island recruiting Cordeiro and Dae Dae already has an offer from Nevada, so this stuff is already moving.
Also if you accept an offer soon, you can transfer in January and be able to participate in off season workouts and spring practice. McKenzie Milton did this last year and was able to participate in spring practice at Florida State. If you end up transferring in the summer, you miss all of spring practice and are less likely to be ready to play in the fall.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

[youtube][/youtube]
uhwarriors wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:39 pm
poidog wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:23 pm

Also if you accept an offer soon, you can transfer in January and be able to participate in off season workouts and spring practice. McKenzie Milton did this last year and was able to participate in spring practice at Florida State. If you end up transferring in the summer, you miss all of spring practice and are less likely to be ready to play in the fall.
Good points as well. These are players with lots of eligibility left and will likely be contributors if not starters at their next schools (which also drives the point home that these are not the typical kinds of transfers that are looking to just catch on somewhere because it wasn't working out with their original team).