shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: UH Will Play at Ching Field - But No Fans For Now, Band Now Allowed

Post by shrek2 »

uhwarriors wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:03 am Finally a tiny bit of sanity! The marching band found out this morning it is being allowed to be at the game. All band members and staff are vaccinated and will be wearing masks except when playing. They've been allowed to rehearse for a month, but were not allowed in for the first game. Baby steps, but still way too slow.
I love the band! Does a lot of the UH games.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:30 pm
uhwarriors wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:03 am Finally a tiny bit of sanity! The marching band found out this morning it is being allowed to be at the game. All band members and staff are vaccinated and will be wearing masks except when playing. They've been allowed to rehearse for a month, but were not allowed in for the first game. Baby steps, but still way too slow.
Agree! :hello1:
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1440145721328431107 https://twitter.com/c_shimabuku/status/1440113050770501635

Link

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

RedZone wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm
the band wears "performance masks" while playing their instruments. not sure how that works, but if you look at the photo suite by na koa mike, in the nakoa.org link, there is a shot of the band playing in the stands and you can clearly see they are wearing masks. i don't know how they do that.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

st808 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:50 am
RedZone wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm
the band wears "performance masks" while playing their instruments. not sure how that works, but if you look at the photo suite by na koa mike, in the nakoa.org link, there is a shot of the band playing in the stands and you can clearly see they are wearing masks. i don't know how they do that.
There is a slit in the mask.
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/HawaiiAthletics/status/1441945276147646464

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Just wondering how many of the band members ended up getting covid from the game last sat.
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1442598700732207109 https://twitter.com/ABC30/status/1442675470806433796

Link https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1442708331097845761

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Shame, shame, shame on Governor Ige.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I read Tsai's article a few days ago regarding not having fans at UH games, and like usual the article was filled with hyperbole and rhetoric. What we need now are articles that deal with the scientific facts. Someone that can write an article that does an interview with a scientist, doctors (i.e, Lt. Gov Green) or a UH professor regarding super spreader events in an open stadium amongst vaccinated fans and the adverse effects thereof (if any). We need data/knowledge of how the rest of the US is able to have football fans in their stands during the recent covid surge and how those communities are coping with pandemic. Someone needs to cross Ige's bridge or better yet stonewall and show him that amongst the vaccinated population 8 out of a 100,000 on the average are catching the disease with health conditions not as severe than those unvaccinated (if I read it correctly only 1 percent die-and I think we can cope with these numbers). I think most countries (like Japan), states (and governors) look at being less restrictive with mandates because the social-economic impact and loss thereof is bigger a burden than the disease itself. The thought is that in these trying times it is best at coexisting with the disease (especially as more and more of the population gets vaccinated). With nearly 70 percent of Hawaii's population being vaccinated I wish Ige was open minded, especially as the number of cases has dipped back into the 200's. However if we continue on Ige's road it wouldn't surprise me if the Hawaii Bowl is cancelled and hotel occupancy gets torpedoed with the governor unwelcoming visitors.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

sarvicdar wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:30 pm I read Tsai's article a few days ago regarding not having fans at UH games, and like usual the article was filled with hyperbole and rhetoric. What we need now are articles that deal with the scientific facts. Someone that can write an article that does an interview with a scientist, doctors (i.e, Lt. Gov Green) or a UH professor regarding super spreader events in an open stadium amongst vaccinated fans and the adverse effects thereof (if any). We need data/knowledge of how the rest of the US is able to have football fans in their stands during the recent covid surge and how those communities are coping with pandemic. Someone needs to cross Ige's bridge or better yet stonewall and show him that amongst the vaccinated population 8 out of a 100,000 on the average are catching the disease with health conditions not as severe than those unvaccinated (if I read it correctly only 1 percent die-and I think we can cope with these numbers). I think most countries (like Japan), states (and governors) look at being less restrictive with mandates because the social-economic impact and loss thereof is bigger a burden than the disease itself. The thought is that in these trying times it is best at coexisting with the disease (especially as more and more of the population gets vaccinated). With nearly 70 percent of Hawaii's population being vaccinated I wish Ige was open minded, especially as the number of cases has dipped back into the 200's. However if we continue on Ige's road it wouldn't surprise me if the Hawaii Bowl is cancelled and hotel occupancy gets torpedoed with the governor unwelcoming visitors.
We all thought it was shi shi and giggles when we made fun of Ige for forgetting his Twitter password with the missile fiasco. Karma has come to haunt us. 😂😂😂😂

FYI I’m joking BTW. Let’s hope the COVID numbers continue to trend down, which it seems to be, so we can open up more.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Gov did not directly answer Howard's specific question and instead gave a general response without any specific explanation of why it's zero vaccinated and socially distanced fans.....yet it's not zero for any other outdoor gatherings nor for indoor gatherings. :roll:

Worse yet, fully vaccinated family members of current players are still not allowed to attend home games....nor are fully vaccinated prospective recruits either....even though the fully vaccinated UH band members are. At this rate, UH might have only a few signees (particularly from the mainland....especially from Texas where there are virtually no fan restrictions) for the Dec. 15, 2021 Early Signing Day. :(

Ige will be a lame-duck Gov next legislative session in 2022 when UH will probably have to beg for increased legislative appropriation funding to supplement the athletic budget to sustain and operate the current athletic programs (to make up for the loss in football ticket sale revenue)....so he could pass that buck for the next Gov to resolve....just like he seems to be doing by deferring/delaying any decision on any future new Aloha Stadium development (which he purposely chose to delay in his first term until he got re-elected for a second term back in 2018). https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1443428055872012288

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Link https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1444092391057547265 https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1444049186773557248

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Rich Miano on the issue:
https://twitter.com/KITV4/status/1444225716749586436