Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Bo has got to go

Post by Palolo_2LA »

This makes UH look terrible...who wants to come play for an impotent offense?

Predictable, limited success
Run- dive up the middle
Wildcat - with no threat of a pass
WR routes - go routes , vertical routes
Runs on 3rd and long
----------
No waggles
No counters
No reverses
No crossing, China routes, run routes (no one is open)
No outs, curls, back shoulder/fades
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Bo has got to go

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Is Murray available for QB, OC role at UH?

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Who saw Bubba Graham's b#itch fit on the second to last play?

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 pm Who saw Bubba Graham's b#itch fit on the second to last play?
Probably was complaining of why the QB didn’t throw a Hail Mary l!

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

couz808 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:49 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 pm Who saw Bubba Graham's b#itch fit on the second to last play?
Probably was complaining of why the QB didn’t throw a Hail Mary l!
:lol: :lol:

cabanalane
    All-American
    All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:59 pm This makes UH look terrible...who wants to come play for an impotent offense?

Run- dive up the middle
    Runs on 3rd and long
    ----------
    I bet that's coming. They want to establish film for everyone to watch that C. Turner will run. That pass is coming. Maybe they are saving that for the Bowl game.

Not to defend Bo, and no offense to fans, but sometimes we may not see or know what they are really trying to do. To bring back the criticism of Norm Chow, he would run Joey Iosefa up the middle 3 times in a role. Everyone think "why the same play." Chow explain that we don't see the different blocking schemes.

Ok, we are not USC and Joey is not Reggie Bush. But I "respect" the call, even if we fans don't always see it.

My3Cats
    *True Sports Fan*
    *True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Having a freshman QB, starting for his first time, throwing bomb after bomb after bomb. Sure is great for the confidence, isn't it? What's up with that Bo?
    Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
    All-conference
    All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:52 am
    Palolo_2LA wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:59 pm This makes UH look terrible...who wants to come play for an impotent offense?

Run- dive up the middle
    Runs on 3rd and long
    ----------
    I bet that's coming. They want to establish film for everyone to watch that C. Turner will run. That pass is coming. Maybe they are saving that for the Bowl game.

Not to defend Bo, and no offense to fans, but sometimes we may not see or know what they are really trying to do. To bring back the criticism of Norm Chow, he would run Joey Iosefa up the middle 3 times in a role. Everyone think "why the same play." Chow explain that we don't see the different blocking schemes.

Ok, we are not USC and Joey is not Reggie Bush. But I "respect" the call, even if we fans don't always see it.
    I played FB FROM 8 -22 (D 3 FB IN NJ) mostly SS or Rover and know offensive schemes well. These run plays are exact copies. Those statue handoff are horrific. There's no pulling OL, no traps, no counters ( like poppa Chow ran). The passing routes are vertical based fly routes. Limit good practices like fades, rubs, outs, crossing routes, no posts, no option routes ( ike JJ). Just vanilla BS play calling.

sarvicdar
    Starter
    Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

How can you fault players for leaving when they take inventory of the OC. He has 2 RB that potentially should be 1000 yard rushers on the season (Hunter/5.5 a carry, Parsons/5.8 carry) yet he doesn't know how to milk the cow. Imo I cringe to see which players will be leaving at the end of the season. Even Schager, who has said he has aspires to play at the next level, will have to ask himself if Bo is the right QB coach and OC for him to obtain his goals. I don't think so.

cabanalane
    All-American
    All-American

Post by cabanalane »

This is the 2nd time I heard the announcers on TV say they either question the call, don't agree, or would not make this call (on offense). It's different when fans b1tch and complain, but it's another where TV announcers are questioning the play calling.

I believe in TG. But maybe he need another OC. Funny thing I start to see, for old coaches you figure they have a pool of friends they can hire. Guys with lots of experience. But perhaps they don't. Norm Chow could not fund anyone and had to hire his old grad assistant at Utah to call the plays (forget his name now). Some players look older than him.

Or perhaps that's how old coaches want it. Someone that will do exactly what he said, what he is told, and not bring in their own ideas.. "Yes, sir" type of coach.

My3Cats
    *True Sports Fan*
    *True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:07 am This is the 2nd time I heard the announcers on TV say they either question the call, don't agree, or would not make this call (on offense). It's different when fans b1tch and complain, but it's another where TV announcers are questioning the play calling.

I believe in TG. But maybe he need another OC. Funny thing I start to see, for old coaches you figure they have a pool of friends they can hire. Guys with lots of experience. But perhaps they don't. Norm Chow could not fund anyone and had to hire his old grad assistant at Utah to call the plays (forget his name now). Some players look older than him.

Or perhaps that's how old coaches want it. Someone that will do exactly what he said, what he is told, and not bring in their own ideas.. "Yes, sir" type of coach.
    Yup. When it is the TV announcers saying that, it is obvious to everyone. Except for junior Graham.
    Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
    *True Sports Fan*
    *True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Turner threw a nice pass to Mardner in the game. Went right threw Mardner’s arms. So disappointing. Could have been six. Don’t know about Mardner any more. Our receivers as a whole drop a lot of balls.
    Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
    *True Sports Fan*
    *True Sports Fan*
    MLB: SF Giants
    NBA: Dubs
    NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:15 am Turner threw a nice pass to Mardner in the game. Went right threw Mardner’s arms. So disappointing. Could have been six. Don’t know about Mardner any more. Our receivers as a whole drop a lot of balls.
    Mardner is not a hands kind of guy. Most of the catches he's made, he had to pull into his body. He does have deceptive speed though and he had the defenders beat a couple of times but our QB couldn't get it to him. The three catches he made with Cole back in the 2019 Bowl game for the win was all with the body. I would look to Smart, Turner and Panoke for the hands type catches. They haven't been targeting Smart as much as I'd like to see and maybe he's running into patterns where the linebacker drops back or the safeties follow. I think they look for Mardner because he's a big target. It's too bad that this is Caleb Philips is only his first/last year at TE. I was disappointed with his sitdown route where they needed 4 yards to get the first and he only got 3.

cabanalane
    All-American
    All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Mardner is no Greg Salas 2.0. This goes back to the "every play is Turner" Both Smart and Mardner has been quiet, like something is wrong.

Grinch
    *True Sports Fan*
    *True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

If Bo
    Got to go
    Re-hire Rolo
    "The rise . . . of the Warriors."