What Do You Wish To See In The UH vs. Fresno Game?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

A miracle win would be nice, and for the Warriors to achieve any kind of success the defense has to put a lid on Fresno's big 3 of QB Haener (73% completion rate, QB rating of 180), RB's Rivers/Mims (around 5 yards a carry), and WR Cropper (nearly 8 receptions and a 100 yards a game, 8 TD's in 5 games).

This will be a huge task for the Warriors as the 4-1 Fresno team has showed well in a 31-24 loss to Oregon and beat the 20th ranked UCLA team 40-37 (holding their star RB to 19 yards on 6 carries). Currently Fresno is ranked 18th.

The Warriors have to look at Fresno's weakest link, which is the center Bula Schmidt. According to pff.com the player grades poorly with a score of 36 in passblocking, allowing 2 sacks, 1 hit, 3 hurries, 6 pressures. For the Warriors to have any success the Warriors DT's and stunting LB's have to break down Fresno's front door and get to the QB, which the numbers show that when Haener is under pressure he only completes 60% of his passes.

My wish is that the defense brings the heat. Good things can happen, especially with the pass rushers rushing with hands high in the air to disrupt Haener's passing lanes and knock down passes (and hopefully a pick). I hope to envision a pack of Warriors chasing down its prey. The defenders can't sit back and play tentatively because Haener will pick the secondary apart with his pin point accuracy. Laulu needs to have a career game and the irony he has it in him to be better, hopefully his breakout game is against Fresno.

The Warriors offense line/offense will see a lot of DT Atkins and DE Mosby (7.5 sacks between the two) and the offensive line needs to step up, which the players have shown at times. There has to be a balanced attack (I think if the Warriors have more running plays good things can happen, like in the Warrior's win against Fresno last season) and for the Warriors to have any success the offense needs to sustain long drives to keep Fresno's offense off the field and the Warriors defense fresh. It can't be the other way around.

A miracle can happen and this monkey can fall out of the tree only if the Warriors shake the tree hard. It might be improbable, but not impossible. I have to applaud the staff for choosing Fresno as it's homecoming opponent. It shows a lot of spirit by going after the best team instead of targeting a lesser team (like the administration has notoriously done in the past). I hope the players and coaches are pumped for this game because I surely am ... national TV, playing the 18th ranked team, a team that's the Warriors biggest bitter rival ... it doesn't get any better than this. Go Warriors!

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: What Do You Wish To See In The UH vs. Fresno Game?

Post by st808 »

1. great play by all phases of the team that wins the game.
2. fans in the stands, even if it's only the team parents and support staff.
3. fans in the stands, filling the stadium.

wonder how the dorm balconies that overlook ching field look like during home games? anyone have any students that attend the u.h. and living in dorms?
Last edited by st808 on Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

duplicate. delete please.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Heavy Manoa mist, Hawaii wins.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

A win is all I care about. Fresno's ranked, and for good reason, but they're a familiar opponent.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

error free, disciplined, assignment football

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

probably asking to much but I would like to see us come from behind double digits in the 4th quarter to win, with the defense making a game winning interception in the red zone.

Let me know how it turns out..........