shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: This is a GOOD Warrior team

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:58 pm This staff can't even beat a 1-8 UNLV team. 4 straight runs with the game on the line and we can't get one first down. I hope Matlin doesn't renew Bo's contract. If Todd doesn't like it, he can go too.
ditto

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

It is an inconsistent team. Some players play well one week and is nonexistent the next. Play calling is horrible. Timeout usage is atrocious…this team has 0 identity.

Yes this team is not horrible but it isn’t great either. Probably will finish 5-8.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

The clear reality is the coaching is horrible bc there's no strategic changes, in game adjustments. Instead the same mistakes, penalties and garbage play calling.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

We lost to these two teams. The junkest of them should've won today. Sometimes luck and bad officiating can ruin a season. Both quarterbacks were money today. Our quarterbacks have been shaky. There's no shame in losing to either UNLV or SDSU. There's no shame in losing to two good Pac-12 teams on the road.

Just a little food for thought: Why don't we play this quarterback?

Played one season for College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, Calif.
Threw for 3,044 yards and 27 touchdowns, while completing 63.7 percent of his passes.
Also rushed for 277 yards and six touchdowns.
Named all-state, all region and the SCFA National Division Northern League Offensive Player of the Year.
Helped lead COC to a conference championship and the No. 3 ranking in the state.
As a freshman, attended Antelope Valley (Calif.) College where he threw for 1,276 yards and 17 touchdowns in nine games played.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:52 am

Link

We lost to these two teams. The junkest of them should've won today. Sometimes luck and bad officiating can ruin a season. Both quarterbacks were money today. Our quarterbacks have been shaky. There's no shame in losing to either UNLV or SDSU. There's no shame in losing to two good Pac-12 teams on the road.

Just a little food for thought: Why don't we play this quarterback?

Played one season for College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, Calif.
Threw for 3,044 yards and 27 touchdowns, while completing 63.7 percent of his passes.
Also rushed for 277 yards and six touchdowns.
Named all-state, all region and the SCFA National Division Northern League Offensive Player of the Year.
Helped lead COC to a conference championship and the No. 3 ranking in the state.
As a freshman, attended Antelope Valley (Calif.) College where he threw for 1,276 yards and 17 touchdowns in nine games played.
I am probably wrong but I thought that he would have been a better back-up for Chevan. Similar dual threat type qbs. I guess coach decided to go with Brayden’s arm and Calvin’s feet which makes it kind of predictable.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Yeah well...it's sad to see the season end this way. A poopy beginning O of C line-up with good Pac-12 teams...followed up with some ranked conference play spelled doom for us. Heck, the officiating of in-conference stank to high-hell. How can one call a blind-side fowl on a blocker facing the offender..a couple of times? Still, we were in the game in most of those dilemmas. With an injured starter at quarterback and running back... given the situation...I'm surprised we broke even.

Edit: leave out the mean comments even though you can still see them in the other guy's quote.
Last edited by SundayJam on Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:01 am Yeah well...it's sad to see the season end this way. A poopy beginning O of C line-up with good Pac-12 teams...followed up with some ranked conference play spelled doom for us. Heck, the officiating of in-conference stank to high-hell. How can one call a blind-side fowl on a blocker facing the offender..a couple of times? Still, we were in the game in most of those dilemmas. With an injured starter at quarterback and running back... given the situation...I'm surprised we broke even.

All you Bench Chevan, No-Go-Bo, and anti-science people can go to hell. This was a good team and the right decisions were made given the situation. See you next year.
So you're happy with a losing season and losing to a 2 win team? If we had a competent OC that wasn't the coach's son, we would have won at least 3 more games and would have been in contention for the West division title.
And what does anti-science have to do with this team?
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

While I'm not happy about the final outcome and record for the season, I am happy about how the Warriors finished the season strong with two wins and that they did not fold. The ball is now in TG's court as to what he plans to do with his coaching staff.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:32 am So you're happy with a losing season and losing to a 2 win team? If we had a competent OC that wasn't the coach's son, we would have won at least 3 more games and would have been in contention for the West division title.
And what does anti-science have to do with this team?
Don't forget we lost Chevan mid-season and didn't have a back-up groomed and ready to step up. I think depth was an issue, but our SOS was just terrible to begin the year. I think only Boise State had a tougher schedule. As for UNLV: rivalry, a rusty Chevan, and it's just a fact that anyone can win any game. The Minnesota Golphers beat Wisconsin this past week. I saw some great defensive games this year. We finished strong with a road game in which a lot of receivers had a chance to shine. I think next year's gonna be great, so yeah...I am happy.

The anti-science complainers were just as loud as the bench Chevan and Bo gotta Go whiners. I lumped 'em all together.