This is a GOOD Warrior team

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: This is a GOOD Warrior team

Post by couz808 »

RedZone wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:09 pm Hire Rolo as OC to finish out the season. He got fired.
I think UH also has a vaccine mandate.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

couz808 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:56 pm
RedZone wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:09 pm Hire Rolo as OC to finish out the season. He got fired.
I think UH also has a vaccine mandate.
Goes into effect jan of next year. He could also apply for an exemption. Stuz was fired too. Wouldn’t mind having him come here. He took over play calling from Smith the last 2 games.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Won't be seeing him at Manoa anytime soon.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

bigislandkurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:06 am

I guess it does not take much to make it to the Belitnikoff watch list. Meh.
Braddah Kurt, we haven't had a passing game for two weeks. Nobody has been a good receiver. Well, the opposition has been pretty good at catching Schager's passes. True freshman quarterbacks don't generally do that well as starters in CFB, so I can't blame the kid. However, Mardner's been very entertaining the last couple of years...and looked good up until 2 weeks ago this year. We'll see...we'll see...

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:30 am
bigislandkurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:06 am

I guess it does not take much to make it to the Belitnikoff watch list. Meh.
Braddah Kurt, we haven't had a passing game for two weeks. Nobody has been a good receiver. Well, the opposition has been pretty good at catching Schager's passes. True freshman quarterbacks don't generally do that well as starters in CFB, so I can't blame the kid. However, Mardner's been very entertaining the last couple of years...and looked good up until 2 weeks ago this year. We'll see...we'll see...
Thank you SundayJam....but that simply is not true. I think folks are celebrating him off of his visual appeal and potential more so than his actual body of work. Mardner has had his share of spotty highlights, but my feelings are not based upon the last two weeks. Conversely, maybe we would have seen a better passing game in the last weeks had Mardner made the catches that were thrown to him. My take on him simply expects more from a big, long, fast receiver. Perhaps if he had the toughness and fortitude of another 84 (rivers) who played for us, I'd be feeling a bit more optimistic. With all due respect, He just has not been the consistent entertainer folks are making him out to be. Maybe our standard have been lowered. But can we truly put Mardner among the ranks of some of UH best receivers? Not quite. His body of work renders him an above average receiver at best and defenses simply do not fear him. I'd love to be proven wrong, but last I saw, the freshmen QB put a touchdown in his hands....and he dropped it. With that size and speed, I expect him to dominate...going up and grabbing passes...even when they are not the best of passes. I just have not seen that. Maybe he is really good in practice.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Fair enough. Jason Rivers was a beast. Too bad he didn't make it as a pro. However, Mardner's highlights have been entertaining. He hasn't had a full season as a starter yet. Again, we'll see.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 am
Won't be seeing him at Manoa anytime soon.
Yep. He is also burning bridges at WSU. He suing.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Should have stayed at UH. Loved as a player, loved as a coach.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Jones started the current wave. He brought in McMackin. McMackin brought in Rolo and Aranda. Rolovich was a component...so was Aranda. These guys were thrown away when the Rainbow guys...had a brain-fart. After that, we had Chow ball. Aranda has had top billing at top programs ever since. Rolo got recycled. I don't know if he'll be back. Still, Rolo embodied the program...as he was a player...and a coach...in the conference.

I doubt that Rolovich will coach here ever again.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Fresno State and San Diego State are ranked in the top 25 this week. There are two 'junk teams' playing these ranked opponents which are getting respect from the spread-makers: 4-5 Hawaii and 4-4 Boise State. The donks are 5 point underdogs and we're 7 point underdogs...despite horrible records. I'm not saying we're gonna win this one, but rather other independent thinkers don't see us as a push-over...a junk team.

This season isn't over.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Alabama, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Iowa, and San Diego State got a scare today. Michigan State and Baylor were not so lucky. Hawaii showed their mettle with a lack of depth...and a little help from the refs...yet again. When has Hawaii ever suffered so many 'blind side block' penalties in a season...ever? We challenged a ranked opponent and lost 17-10. I stand by my estimation that this is a good team...no...I'd say this is an extraordinary team. This isn't my first season following the Warriors.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:57 am Alabama, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Iowa, and San Diego State got a scare today. Michigan State and Baylor were not so lucky. Hawaii showed their mettle with a lack of depth...and a little help from the refs...yet again. When has Hawaii ever suffered so many 'blind side block' penalties in a season...ever? We challenged a ranked opponent and lost 17-10. I stand by my estimation that this is a good team...no...I'd say this is an extraordinary team. This isn't my first season following the Warriors.
We have a team with very talented players and with the right type of offense, I think we would be 8-2 or 9-1. I'm not going to say we are an extraordinary team because the coaches are a part of the team and some of them plain suck.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

We've played well, however we've been extremely unlucky. Starting the season with two Pac12 teams is just ridiculous. We've walked over the cupcake teams and suffered mishaps versus better teams. We were in it for most of the competitive games. Losing Chevan and Dae Dae...among others...hasn't helped. What's more, I like the coaching staff. They've handled adversity, but they just didn't come out with a few more W's.

Our backs are against the wall now. We'll have to win-out the remainder to earn a bowl spot.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Strength of schedule has a lot to do with this problematic/transitional year. Hawaii has been dealt one hell of a schedule thus far. We're ranked 88/130 schools based on schedule. 8 MWC schools had cushier schedules. Wyoming's was down-right pillow soft: their schedule was considered to be 123/130 schools. We played well against 2 top 25 teams...defeating one...and losing to another on a trick field-goal play. Don't give up on the coaches and players. This is a really good team.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I attribute this year's struggles not to the players, who I agree are pretty good, but to the failing coaching that they are receiving. Too many rookie coaches because the UH athletic department and admin cannot afford to pay for more experienced coaches. Add to that a head coach who appears to have his hands, and head, in too many areas to focus on the team, and in the games, as a whole. A recipe for disaster.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.