*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: *****OFFICIAL AGGIES VS WARRIORS GAME THREAD*****

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Link
Thanks for the video. In retrospect, I guess I'm glad I didn't buy into the streaming service since the announcer sounds like a Big West type game caller minus Hawaii's special guys that do the Big West games.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Anyone notice we were lined up in triple option/flexbone with CTjr under center on that last TD run by Parsons?

One takeaway: Bo Graham should not be afraid to use Turner out of the wildcat on early downs on their own side of the field early in the game. He's so good at making something out of nothing and it puts fear into the defense, particularly against the weaker teams left on the schedule. They did that in the drive at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th and it completely zapped NMSU's momentum and pretty much sealed the game. At some point they need to realize that it's okay to go back to some of what worked last year.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I haven't been able to buy season tickets for two straight seasons. $20 to stream a game seems like an easy decision.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Calvin Turner run made Sports Center top 10.
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status ... LAv7n2Ksc4

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:55 am Calvin Turner run made Sports Center top 10.
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status ... LAv7n2Ksc4
Kinda like watching peewee football. Chevan had a nice block on that play.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

how does calvin turner do it? it looks like he's running slower than the rest of the field yet he slips tackles and cuts between tacklers and scores. amazing.

hawaii is playing a challenging year of football. ucla is ranked. fresno state is ranked. san diego state is on the cusp of being ranked.

and none of us can see the team in person unless we travel out of state. pathetic, spiteful declarations from ige for being shown up by the u.h. we are the laughing stock of all sports anywhere in the u.s.

go warriors.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I think CT Jr has this incredible athletic ability that Hawaii has never had before. The difference between DaVonta Smith and Calvin is that the former Heisman trophy winner has been a wide receiver and kick returner for most of his career. You can see that Calvin is still trying to focus in on multiple positions he never played before especially in a D1 situation.

Our third down conversions have to be better than what its been for the first five games. They need some crossing patterns by the WRs, some QB rollouts to give him a better line of sight and some passes that go for gains of 6 or 8 yards since most teams will stuff our run.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:39 pm
Our third down conversions have to be better than what its been for the first five games. They need some crossing patterns by the WRs, some QB rollouts to give him a better line of sight and some passes that go for gains of 6 or 8 yards since most teams will stuff our run.
You are singing to the choir brother. Except that the choir masters have deaf ears.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

st808 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:13 pm how does calvin turner do it? it looks like he's running slower than the rest of the field yet he slips tackles and cuts between tacklers and scores. amazing.

hawaii is playing a challenging year of football. ucla is ranked. fresno state is ranked. san diego state is on the cusp of being ranked.

and none of us can see the team in person unless we travel out of state. pathetic, spiteful declarations from ige for being shown up by the u.h. we are the laughing stock of all sports anywhere in the u.s.

go warriors.
Chad Owens had that kind of field sense. Reggie Bush was the beast at doing this because he could see the field plus have great after burners.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I gotta give Cameron Lockridge credit on the interception to seal the game for running the ball up the field but slowing down after 40 yards so not to run up the score. Shows a lot of respect for the game and classy for UH.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:33 am
st808 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:13 pm how does calvin turner do it? it looks like he's running slower than the rest of the field yet he slips tackles and cuts between tacklers and scores. amazing.

go warriors.
Chad Owens had that kind of field sense. Reggie Bush was the beast at doing this because he could see the field plus have great after burners.
i remember george ornellas running the field like he had some super power as he passed groups of tacklers. thought he was one of the best six runner hawaii had, then he just lost the love for the game. what happened? was it von appen?

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

st808 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:17 pm
UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:33 am

go warriors.
i remember george ornellas running the field like he had some super power as he passed groups of tacklers. thought he was one of the best six runner hawaii had, then he just lost the love for the game. what happened? was it von appen?
George failed in all classes. Coulda, woulda, shoulda
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I also seem to recall reading somewhere (hearsay?) that Von Appen was not happy about being pressured by the local powers to recruit Ornellas, after Ornellas had verbally committed to Iowa State. Probably also why Ornellas lost the love for the game, and school, because of the outside pressure to change his commitment. Maybe someone in the know can corroborate this or dispute.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:47 am I also seem to recall reading somewhere (hearsay?) that Von Appen was not happy about being pressured by the local powers to recruit Ornellas, after Ornellas had verbally committed to Iowa State. Probably also why Ornellas lost the love for the game, and school, because of the outside pressure to change his commitment. Maybe someone in the know can corroborate this or dispute.
I went to Damien and grew up with many StL kids. George is not an academic nor a hard worker. Obviously, one of the most dynamic FB in HI history, yet didn't lift weights or run or train hard like the other kids on the team. Imagine what he'd be if he maximized himself!?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:47 am I also seem to recall reading somewhere (hearsay?) that Von Appen was not happy about being pressured by the local powers to recruit Ornellas, after Ornellas had verbally committed to Iowa State. Probably also why Ornellas lost the love for the game, and school, because of the outside pressure to change his commitment. Maybe someone in the know can corroborate this or dispute.
Edit: Okay I did some Googling and Ornellas played 4 games in 1995, which was Wagner's last season, which Ornellas quit maybe halfway through.