Re: Sit Chevan Cordeiro

Post by honu888 »

So now what? QB controversy?

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

honu888 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:55 pm So now what? QB controversy?
Nah Chevan is still the guy but Schager is a good backup. How about a OC controversy?

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

couz808 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:59 pm
honu888 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:55 pm So now what? QB controversy?
Nah Chevan is still the guy but Schager is a good backup. How about a OC controversy?
Lol yeah I agree. So much questionable calls again. But this time they pulled it off
thanks to the D! I’m glad they got the W!

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Great win for UH! Schager is a true freshman who was thrown into live bullets for his first college start. I'm sure he is bruised and sore today because that young bradduh took a bunch of hits last night. He was not good on some of the long throws, but he did not make many mistakes either. I'll take it. I like what i saw and he is only going to get better.

Don't know exactly what went on with CC, but hopefully the time off will allow him to heal from whatever injury he has. I'm sure he will be the starter for the next game. QB controversy? Nope. Not at all. But if CC goes out there and underperforms, calls to put in Schager will get louder and louder.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Remember when Cole McDonald had an "undisclosed" injury? True or not, ok, everyone is hurt one way or another. So not lying. BTW, we know Schager is hurting when a 300lb man crushed him.

Ok, sure, it keeps the other team guessing. The defense was prepared to stop CC. So therefore, the defense end up "unprepared."

I think team does this to save face. You can not come out to the press and say "we will bench CC, and give someone a shot." That is demoralizing. Just say he "got hurt."

We can all agree Schager got a better arm. A better passer. So we know what UH got in the future. I would still ride (and die) with CC. He is just better prepared/experienced at the position (today).

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:39 am Remember when Cole McDonald had an "undisclosed" injury? True or not, ok, everyone is hurt one way or another. So not lying. BTW, we know Schager is hurting when a 300lb man crushed him.
What are you even talking about? Cole McDonald had a swollen scrotum caused by internal bleeding. That's not a fake injury.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

This is why Chevan is better.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

couz808 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:51 pm This is why Chevan is better.
Um, ok. Can you explain your reasons for "better?" I guess CC would have been the golden key for beating UNR?

I never implied that the freshman was better than CC. I stand by my original claim - we have seen what CC can do and at that point, his efforts were not amounting to the great QB many of you were making him out to be. Hence my suggestion to see what Schager had/has. Let's see where it goes from here, but after two games, I am not going to write the freshman off.

Perhaps after a few games sitting, a greater version of CC appears. Let the rivers flow as they may.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

CC is sporting a fresh cut. That fade is smooth. Maybe that will be like Colt Brennan with the dreadlocks. A new rebirth.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Nothing wrong with Chevan. Coach has said as much. He is the the best option right now.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

bigislandkurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:56 am
Um, ok. Can you explain your reasons for "better?" I guess CC would have been the golden key for beating UNR?

I never implied that the freshman was better than CC. I stand by my original claim - we have seen what CC can do and at that point, his efforts were not amounting to the great QB many of you were making him out to be. Hence my suggestion to see what Schager had/has. Let's see where it goes from here, but after two games, I am not going to write the freshman off.

Perhaps after a few games sitting, a greater version of CC appears. Let the rivers flow as they may.
I think 2 games is enough. He looked good against Fresno becuz they didn’t have any footage of him and they weren’t ready. Nevada was ready. He was making freshmen mistakes. Kept throwing it to double and triple coverage. Take away the 2 runs from dae dae and we only got a field goal from Schager. Of course if there’s no chance of getting into a bowl game, then let the kid play for experience but the best chance to get into the Hawaii bowl is with Chevan. Hopefully he heals up and we’ll see how it goes. I believe Schager is still our future but best case scenario would be to red shirt him which means he would only be eligible to play 1 more game.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

couz808 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:55 pm
I think 2 games is enough. He looked good against Fresno becuz they didn’t have any footage of him and they weren’t ready. Nevada was ready. He was making freshmen mistakes. Kept throwing it to double and triple coverage. Take away the 2 runs from dae dae and we only got a field goal from Schager. Of course if there’s no chance of getting into a bowl game, then let the kid play for experience but the best chance to get into the Hawaii bowl is with Chevan. Hopefully he heals up and we’ll see how it goes. I believe Schager is still our future but best case scenario would be to red shirt him which means he would only be eligible to play 1 more game.
Make sense. Schager is hot stuff. This last game was a way to show him, he need more development time, and red shirt would do wonders for him. You good, bur far from ready.

And also put in this mind "don't transfer."

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

couz808 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:55 pm
bigislandkurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:56 am

Brayden has already played in 4 games. One more and the redshirt is burned.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Looks like Schager is going to start. Chevan not ready according to coach. Easy to see that coach sees him as the future. But I have to wonder who backs him up? The hits he’s taking reminds me of Shroeder. Hope they clean up the turnover problem. We as I have said before need to run better. And that delayed handoff is going to get our qb and or runningback killed. Wonder who drew that one up.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

If CC is hurt, why bring him in to punt?
What if there was an bad snap and Nevada with a full on blitz?