Sit Chevan Cordeiro

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Sit Chevan Cordeiro

Post by cabanalane »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:58 am If CC is hurt, why bring him in to punt?
What if there was an bad snap and Nevada with a full on blitz?
Bo and TG are Texas guys. They remember watching Danny White of the Dallas Cowboys (Tom Landry's Cowboys). 4th down, Danny White would punt, pass, or run. And you get 1st down. White was the starting QB, and starting Punter. Toward the end, White stop being the punter for the exact reason you mentioned.

D-Lineman used to drive beer trucks off season. Then players became awesome physical specimens where 300lbs guys can bench 700lbs and fast as receivers.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

We've had 2 punts blocked and 1 tipped. The thought of a bad snap to Chevan was worrisome. Now hearing CC is not available for this week means his injury is worse than expected. This is a must win Game for chances at a Hawaii Bowl invite

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Players get internet. They know what we are saying. And this may be the only time I'll say it. I miss CC. Get healthy and come back. UH football need you to play, so get chance.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Redshirt? You all do realize that we now live in the age of the transfer portal right? Redshirting no longer holds the same meaning. If a player is ready, he will play. High school football at its highest levels are preparing more and more players to come in and play immediately. Remember, Schager ascended to the #2 during camp. Yes, he is a true freshmen. Yes, he did make some mistakes against a very strong UNR team on their homecoming night. Lest we forget that he led us to a huge win over a ranked Fresno team. Yes, the defense played up for that game, but let's not use that to disparage the accomplishments of the true freshmen in his first every college game. QBs are the leader of the team for all good and bad, and from what I have seen, the team believes in Schager. Not to say they don't believe in Chevan, it is just apparent that they are cool with either one. Redshirt is the last thing coach is thinking about.

Heal up CC, your team will benefit from having you back healthy. But I'm cool with the freshman. Let's see what he does this weekend.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Miano and Hollis had some words about the QB situation on the latest Bows Football Final podcast.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Weird. Chevan and Schager are where they're supposed to be. Quarterbacks can be first round picks from our conference. They just gotta play well and look the part. With a big offensive line, an established run game, and a descent pool of receivers...either quarterback should excel. Would either of our quarterbacks fair well at a top-tier team? I don't think so. RPO is obviously better with Chevan. Schager may change the game-plan for Hawaii as a pocket passer. We'll see.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:27 am Weird. Chevan and Schager are where they're supposed to be. Quarterbacks can be first round picks from our conference. They just gotta play well and look the part. With a big offensive line, an established run game, and a descent pool of receivers...either quarterback should excel. Would either of our quarterbacks fair well at a top-tier team? I don't think so. RPO is obviously better with Chevan. Schager may change the game-plan for Hawaii as a pocket passer. We'll see.
To me it is good that we have 2 good quarterbacks. Coach has said that if you are 1 or 2 you are a starter. It has always been my thinking that we need to have 2 who can play to have a good season. On top tier teams they have top tier receivers which make tossing the rock a lot easier. They have very good coaches, facilities and programs. Plus money. I think both of these guys could do well in those type of situations.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

poidog wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:06 am Miano and Hollis had some words about the QB situation on the latest Bows Football Final podcast.
I heard it too. So what's your take on it? The discussion stem from a caller's question that perhaps CC was benched.

I know, I know the "official" word is injury. There is no need to fake anything. Every player is hurt somewhere by mid-season. Parsons has a nagging bad injury. 3 touchdowns. Is Blessman Ta'ala hurt somewhere? I'm sure he is. If he takes next week off due to injury, that's true he is hurt, not lying. If the coach "bench" Ta'ala next game due to injury, that's not lying. He is hurt somewhere.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

cabanalane wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:33 pm
poidog wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:06 am Miano and Hollis had some words about the QB situation on the latest Bows Football Final podcast.
I heard it too. So what's your take on it? The discussion stem from a caller's question that perhaps CC was benched.

I know, I know the "official" word is injury. There is no need to fake anything. Every player is hurt somewhere by mid-season. Parsons has a nagging bad injury. 3 touchdowns. Is Blessman Ta'ala hurt somewhere? I'm sure he is. If he takes next week off due to injury, that's true he is hurt, not lying. If the coach "bench" Ta'ala next game due to injury, that's not lying. He is hurt somewhere.
So is he going to bench player who jumps on the ground?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Yes I agree sit Chevan. He’s not the main problem but he’s not the solution either. I know this is an unpopular take but when it comes to reading defenses, St Louis does not prepare their QB’s to read defenses properly. All of their QB’s have the same issue. It’s as if they just rely on the coaches to call and make the adjustments for them.

Now that people have tape on Chevan they know his tendencies and this is his 4th year. Granted new offense etc but this is the best you’ll get from him.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Egonator wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:07 am Yes I agree sit Chevan. He’s not the main problem but he’s not the solution either. I know this is an unpopular take but when it comes to reading defenses, St Louis does not prepare their QB’s to read defenses properly. All of their QB’s have the same issue. It’s as if they just rely on the coaches to call and make the adjustments for them.

Now that people have tape on Chevan they know his tendencies and this is his 4th year. Granted new offense etc but this is the best you’ll get from him.
Are you kidding me? The Lou has produced QB legends. Processing, making quick decisions are components of a successful QB, but so is the offensive scheme, talent around you and your competition. Super elite QBs are rare and that's why the NFL only has a handful of top tier QBs.

Plus, Chevan is running for his life half the time. The OL has been suspect since Coach Cav left.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:10 am
Egonator wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:07 am Yes I agree sit Chevan. He’s not the main problem but he’s not the solution either. I know this is an unpopular take but when it comes to reading defenses, St Louis does not prepare their QB’s to read defenses properly. All of their QB’s have the same issue. It’s as if they just rely on the coaches to call and make the adjustments for them.

Are you kidding me? The Lou has produced QB legends. Processing, making quick decisions are components of a successful QB, but so is the offensive scheme, talent around you and your competition. Super elite QBs are rare and that's why the NFL only has a handful of top tier QBs.

Plus, Chevan is running for his life half the time. The OL has been suspect since Coach Cav left.
I think what he's saying is that Saint Louis QB's tend to have trouble transitioning to college when not playing in the Run N Shoot system when their talent alone is not enough to make up for it. I say this as a Saint Louis graduate. Mariota did not play in the RNS his senior season at STL and had a redshirt freshman season at Oregon that allowed him to adapt. Not to mention he's physically gifted. Tua worked really really hard to rid himself of the tendencies he had as a RNS QB and develop discipline to play a more traditional style offense which he played in at Bama. DeLaura went to WAZZU and Rolo's RNS system so that was as seamless a transition a QB can get and he's doing alright. Chevan did well his first couple seasons partly I think cause it was the RNS. Now that the offense changed he's not seeing the same coverages and reads he's used to.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

I say give the starting job to Schager the last two games just to give him more experience. This will help for a healthy QB competition going into next season.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

honu888 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:37 pm I say give the starting job to Schager the last two games just to give him more experience. This will help for a healthy QB competition going into next season.
I think they might be trying to save a redshirt year for him.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:51 pm
honu888 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:37 pm I say give the starting job to Schager the last two games just to give him more experience. This will help for a healthy QB competition going into next season.
I think they might be trying to save a redshirt year for him.
He's already played snaps in 5 games.