*****OFFICIAL SAN JOSE ST vs. HAWAII GAME THREAD*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *****OFFICIAL SAN JOSE ST vs. HAWAII GAME THREAD*****

Post by RedZone »

So they try to run out of the pistol. Quarterback stands there just holding ball like a statue waiting for runningback. It takes so long that the defense blows it up. I’ve seen teams run out of the pistol including UH but never saw it executed so bad. Watching right side of our oline collapse when they rushed only 3? Scratch head.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/SanJoseStateFB/status/1439503275770859520

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

couz808 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:26 pm
poidog wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:51 pm
bigislandkurt wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:25 pm people will hate me for this.

But after three games, I think we've seen all that Cordiero can do. Average QB, sub-par receivers and oline. Meaning, our offense no can. Even with San Jose's three man rush, QB was still under pressure.

Boo.
Were we watching the same game? Qb pressure was not an issue.
This offense doesn’t suit Chevan! He’s a run and shoot qb. Not this run and gun crap. Remember in 2019. He was throwing td after td against San Jose.
Yeah this offense doesn’t suit him and vice versa he doesn’t suit this offense. I tried saying it last year but got crap from a certain someone here. Hate to be in coaches position of benching a local player, especially at QB.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If this wasn't the most horrible game that UH will play this year then we are f****d.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:57 pm If this wasn't the most horrible game that UH will play this year then we are f****d.
LOL Meanwhile Wyoming is 3-0 and doing well. Looking forward to the season finale in Laramie.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

One bright spot from the game and the OSU game is that Dae Dae Hunter can catch as well as run. In a game with not much to cheer for, I like the way most of our DBs hit the receivers even when the ball was dropped just to let them know that they would have gotten hit if they caught the ball.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

But after three games, I think we've seen all that Cordiero can do. Average QB, sub-par receivers and oline. Meaning, our offense no can. Even with San Jose's three man rush, QB was still under pressure.

Boo.
Everyone think Cordiero is the next Tua or Marcus M. Everyone time on TV, they keep trying to make that connection. Perhaps Cordiero is more Jeremy Higgins.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

ulua wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:21 pm
couz808 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:06 pm Fire Bo graham!!!
Fire both Graham’s
We can't say that (yet) until Graham play his guys.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:04 am
poidog wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:51 pm
Were we watching the same game? Qb pressure was not an issue.
This offense doesn’t suit Chevan! He’s a run and shoot qb. Not this run and gun crap. Remember in 2019. He was throwing td after td against San Jose.
Yeah this offense doesn’t suit him and vice versa he doesn’t suit this offense. I tried saying it last year but got crap from a certain someone here. Hate to be in coaches position of benching a local player, especially at QB.
Let the best players play. I don't care if the local boys on this roster have a combined 0 snaps played in a game.

Cordeiro has not looked good since transitioning out of the RnS. In fact, he's looked terrible. Perhaps the only thing that's saving his starting role is his legs (and maybe the fact that he's a local boy, but I REALLY hope not).
Last edited by Nisei on Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:53 pm

Boo.
Everyone think Cordiero is the next Tua or Marcus M. Everyone time on TV, they keep trying to make that connection. Perhaps Cordiero is more Jeremy Higgins.
As a Saint Louis grad myself, I want our alum to do well. But it annoys me when the media or whoever tries to say a certain player is good because they came from that school. I fully understand that Saint Louis has a history of putting out QBs but it doesn't mean they are all good.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Nisei wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:32 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:04 am

Let the best players play. I don't care if the local boys on this roster have a combined 0 snaps played in a game.
I agree best players should play. But you know full well there's a unspoken local bias.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

i thought the defense did well against the run, closed up the middle runs, tackled better. the secondary was lucky as receivers dropped sure balls, as were the safeties as they were clearly beat on several plays and it looked like touchdown passes.

looking at the game as a whole, was the defense better or was san jose state worse? so many dropped balls that should have extended drives.

before the game i thought it would be a defensive effort on both teams, thought the ending score would be 21-14 either way. tomey's legacy is honored with these two teams.

sad that of all college football hawaii is playing in a empty stands neutral field at home and in full stands at opposing teams' home in away games.

i felt that if there were people in the stands, the cheering would have a twelfth man effect and buoyed the warriors enough to play better.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:34 pm
My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:57 pm If this wasn't the most horrible game that UH will play this year then we are f****d.
LOL Meanwhile Wyoming is 3-0 and doing well. Looking forward to the season finale in Laramie.
This forum is for bitching about our own club. Your LOL’s are not allowed. Besides, you just jinxed your team.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Well...some WAC...er...MWC teams delivered upsets this week: SDSU upset Utah and Fresno St. upset UCLA!!!! Are we playing these teams this year? I'm worried about them--not Wyoming. We've got a good team...albeit an awkward one which is struggling with the learning curve. This is a game we should've won, but didn't.

We've got some beasts on defense. However, it seems our opponents have spotted some weaknesses. Let's hope we make the necessary corrections.

The offense is clearly the enigma. At times it seems almost Frankenstein-ish. Oh...that didn't work, so let's try this! The upside is we have so many offensive weapons that have shown moments of brilliance. I really like Dae Dae and Mardner. The offensive line is big. Sometimes they go; sometimes they don't.

I was a bit surprised by some of the strange calls by officials. Can one blow up a punter if he gets a piece of the ball? What was up with that strange punt return call on Calvin Turner? Did he show a false fair-catch that the officials declared: Oops, we made a mistake? Was that a chop block by Hawaii in the first half? The SJSU linebacker did not target Cordeiro. None of those were game changers, but I thought the officiating was weak.

Damn, I'm disappointed. I especially hated the commentary. Those SJSU announcers were yucking it up with a cigarette-hacking chuckle the whole game long. They called the game well...just didn't sound too good.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:16 pm

I was a bit surprised by some of the strange calls by officials. Can one blow up a punter if he gets a piece of the ball? .
Yes. Been like that forever in college and pros. As long as the ball is tipped, the punt can be hit.

I believe the fair catch was on a kickoff. Ball is place on the 25 if that was the case. New rule, I think started last year. Can fair catch on kickoffs and ball is placed on 25 or further upfield if the ball didn't make it that far.
ImageImage