cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: *****OFFICIAL SAN JOSE ST vs. HAWAII GAME THREAD*****

Post by cabanalane »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:34 pm
Nisei wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:32 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:04 am

Yeah this offense doesn’t suit him and vice versa he doesn’t suit this offense. I tried saying it last year but got crap from a certain someone here. Hate to be in coaches position of benching a local player, especially at QB.
Let the best players play. I don't care if the local boys on this roster have a combined 0 snaps played in a game.
I agree best players should play. But you know full well there's a unspoken local bias.
There was a lot of pressure for Rolo to play Cordiero. As much as I agree with the statement 100%, to offer a counter point, if not UH then where, what school? What team is going to start Kai Kaneshiro, another example. All-heart, but he is just a bit too thin (still).

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:32 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:34 pm
Nisei wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:32 pm

Let the best players play. I don't care if the local boys on this roster have a combined 0 snaps played in a game.
I agree best players should play. But you know full well there's a unspoken local bias.
There was a lot of pressure for Rolo to play Cordiero. As much as I agree with the statement 100%, to offer a counter point, if not UH then where, what school? What team is going to start Kai Kaneshiro, another example. All-heart, but he is just a bit too thin (still).
Are you asking what other school Cordeiro could have gone to? I don't recall a lot of interest in him from other schools. Hard to garner much interest when you only start your senior year. If anything there may have been some late interest from other schools, but nothing too serious.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

What's missing is a QB coach for Cordeiro. Chevan made good throws in the OSU game, some on the run. Someone needs to look at his mechanics when he made the bad throws to Calvin Turner. He one hopped the ball to Calvin. Did he throw off his left foot, did he throw with his right shoulder forward? Somebody needs to examine this before they switch him out before another QB makes the same or different mistakes. Regarding Kai, he and Ford are the taller DBs on the team and they seem to be a step slower than some of the others like Cortez and even Bethley. Ford came in as a three star recruit I believe and I shudder when he and Kai are covering deep one on one. I think both Kai and Ford need to give a little more cushion or hit the receivers off the line of scrimmage hard.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Coach has said it is not Chevan. I agree. He can make the throws. Receivers need to make the catches and run the right routes. On one play Turner running over the middle stopped. I looked like Chevan expected him to keep running and threw to the spot where he thought Turner would be. Result? INT. I think Turner is still growing into the receiver position and is struggling a bit. Still too many dropped balls. Oline doing better but could not stop 3 man rush in last game. Recipe for disaster. We can run at times but not always when we want or need to. And we still try to run. Recipe for disaster. Coach said they need to do better coaching up players. I totally agree. I think defense looked better the last game especially with the return of Laulu, Lockridge and Darius.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: