Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: *****OFFICIAL WARRIORS VS. BEAVERS GAME THREAD*****

Post by EITSwarrior »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:04 pm
wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:46 pm
SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:19 pm Ah...2009. Were you Backin' McMackin back then? We ended the season 6-7. Everyone was screaming for McMackin's head after a season-ending blow-out by Wisconsin in the Hawaii Bowl. The next year, we were WAC champs and everything's hunky dory.
Hawaii NEVER played Wisconsin in any Hawaii Bowl.
Meh, we were blown-out by them none-the-less...and Hawaii fans threw some major shade at the coach for losing so badly...and for having a losing season. Some running back...Melvin Gordon...just ran all over us. It was our coach's fault, of course.
Gordon was still in high school in 2009. It was John Clay that was RB for Wisconsin at that time.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

EITSwarrior wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:32 pm
wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:46 pm

Hawaii NEVER played Wisconsin in any Hawaii Bowl.
Meh, we were blown-out by them none-the-less...and Hawaii fans threw some major shade at the coach for losing so badly...and for having a losing season. Some running back...Melvin Gordon...just ran all over us. It was our coach's fault, of course.
Gordon was still in high school in 2009. It was John Clay that was RB for Wisconsin at that time.
LOL...I should probably fact check before posting. I became a fan of Wisconsin afterwards. Gordon was probably a star the following year. Speaking of former opponents, did anyone catch Monday Night Football. Carr just had a monster win in overtime. Wow...

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:16 pm

LOL...I should probably fact check before posting. I became a fan of Wisconsin afterwards. Gordon was probably a star the following year. Speaking of former opponents, did anyone catch Monday Night Football. Carr just had a monster win in overtime. Wow...
This post makes me want to start a thread about the best RBs to play against UH...

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

poidog wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:29 pm
SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:16 pm

This post makes me want to start a thread about the best RBs to play against UH...
My vote for best RB - Marshall Faulk, SDSU. Ron Dayne of Wisconsin piled up yards, but you could have driven a truck through the holes he had.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:26 pm
Nisei wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:13 pm
st808 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:40 pm i liked the call to pass on fourth down opting to try for a score or first down rather than just punting when hawaii was in oregon state's territory. chevan tossed the ball deep and it was intercepted and oregon state took over. defensive backs just can't resist an interception and having the opponent taking over deep in their own territory from an interception is just as effective as a punt.
That's something I can't stand every time I see it. I told my family when that happened that If I was on the sidelines, I wouldn't be high-fiving and celebrating with the DB. I'd ask him, "What the hell are you doing, dude?"
When I play football on my Xbox, I don’t know how to have my CB drop those. :D
today, sept.18.2021, nebraska faced fourth and 18 at the oklahoma 23. nebraska qb passed to the three yard line where oklahoma defensive back graham made a spectacular one handed grab for an interception and the ball was downed at the oklahoma 3 yard line, instead of taking over at the 23 yard line.

defensive players just can't resist the int. worse, the play is being called the int of the century. oklahoma's coach wanted to challenge the catch hoping it was bobbled but replay clearly shows the pass was intercepted.