Re: UH vs. Portland State Game Photos

Post by ulua »

Thank you for sharing these awesome pics

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

wow. the photos show the intimacy of ching field as exciting. the field and play needs to be experienced.

games just take on another level of intensity as you get closer to the action. basketball and volleyball court side seats make for an awesome game. sitting so close to the action on ching field will be epic. can't wait to get there, the photos pulls you into the game, better than the views on tv.

what gear and settings do you use?

Na Koa Mike
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Na Koa Mike »

st808 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:22 pm wow. the photos show the intimacy of ching field as exciting. the field and play needs to be experienced.

games just take on another level of intensity as you get closer to the action. basketball and volleyball court side seats make for an awesome game. sitting so close to the action on ching field will be epic. can't wait to get there, the photos pulls you into the game, better than the views on tv.

About half of the shots are mine. The better shots are Irse's. I use an old Canon 7D with a 70-200mm F2.8 lens. I was at ISO 1600, 1/500s to 1/1000s. Hopefully Irse can chime in on his gear and setting.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

Na Koa Mike wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:39 pm
st808 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:22 pm wow. the photos show the intimacy of ching field as exciting. the field and play needs to be experienced.

About half of the shots are mine. The better shots are Irse's. I use an old Canon 7D with a 70-200mm F2.8 lens. I was at ISO 1600, 1/500s to 1/1000s. Hopefully Irse can chime in on his gear and setting.
thank you for the gear and settings. would love to take my camera and get some photos.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I use a Nikon D500 with an 80-200 or 300 2.8 AF-S. Shutter speed about 1/800 or 1/1000. ISO varies on the amount of light. Aperture at 2.8
ImageImage

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

Irse wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:20 pm I use a Nikon D500 with an 80-200 or 300 2.8 AF-S. Shutter speed about 1/800 or 1/1000. ISO varies on the amount of light. Aperture at 2.8
thanks for the information. you both captured great images. hope i can crib your info and get a few of my own to commemorate my first time at the ching.

seems like both of you have field passes to take your photos, is the ching friendlier to the photographer as far as lighting, field conditions, access.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

st808 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:39 am
Irse wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:20 pm I use a Nikon D500 with an 80-200 or 300 2.8 AF-S. Shutter speed about 1/800 or 1/1000. ISO varies on the amount of light. Aperture at 2.8
thanks for the information. you both captured great images. hope i can crib your info and get a few of my own to commemorate my first time at the ching.

seems like both of you have field passes to take your photos, is the ching friendlier to the photographer as far as lighting, field conditions, access.
Not really. I think the lighting is not as good as the stadium, can't really shoot from the end zone.
ImageImage

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

More Photos from the UH vs Portland State game: Brandon Flores

https://www.sportshawaii.com/gallery/in ... tegory/252

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Very nice. Great job guys!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

nice shots

Na Koa Mike
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Na Koa Mike »

Irse wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:40 am
st808 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:39 am

Not really. I think the lighting is not as good as the stadium, can't really shoot from the end zone.
The sidelines are more spacious and there were less people on the sidelines (including no cheer leaders) due to the Covid restrictions. So it's easier to move around. Also you don't have to dodge the truck with the TV camera that was at Aloha Stadium. But as Irse said, you can't really shoot from the the back of end zone where you need to be for many shots due to the stands being so close to the field. You can go up into the end zone stands but that changes the perspective a lot.