*****OFFICIAL PORTLAND STATE v. HAWAII GAME THREAD*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *****OFFICIAL PORTLAND STATE v. HAWAII GAME THREAD*****

Post by RedZone »

Throw to Mardner.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Our oline porous.

UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

I don’t know how Pryor has been a starter these past years

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

That was a sloppy win.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

honu888 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:26 pm That was a sloppy win.
I turned off BC in the first half. When I googled the final score it was 83-75? Then I figured out that was our last BB game with them. Then I saw the football score and it wasn’t much different.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Good thing this game didn't go the way the 1st game of June Jones's 2nd season went.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

looks like hawaii faced possibly a top ten team in ucla and followed that with facing off with possibly the big sky conference champion. never seen turner looking at the ground with empty hands so many times before. still can't take anything away from portland state by looking at hawaii's mistakes tonight.

seeing the touchdowns in the kkhd endzone made me happy i selected seats there, it looks like the players will be super close. noticed the suites seemed to be occupied on the mauna sidelines. guess being isolated in booths made that okay.

go warriors.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I still think we need to find a good quarterback coach. Watching Schager standing there with arm stretched out holding the ball waiting for the back. WTH? He has so much potential. Need to find a good mentor.

I think Kai had his best game. Justice and DeJuan had a nice game too. I don’t know what’s up with CT. Maybe get rid of the face shield?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Hawaii had some sloppy play but the Big Sky just played in the Spring so they had only a four month layoff. No wonder Montana beat Washington. I'd be disappointed if Hawaii didn't learn from the mistakes made in the first two games.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:43 am Hawaii had some sloppy play but the Big Sky just played in the Spring so they had only a four month layoff. No wonder Montana beat Washington. I'd be disappointed if Hawaii didn't learn from the mistakes made in the first two games.
Oregon State will be at home following a road loss. That is not a good setup for us.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:43 am Hawaii had some sloppy play but the Big Sky just played in the Spring so they had only a four month layoff. No wonder Montana beat Washington. I'd be disappointed if Hawaii didn't learn from the mistakes made in the first two games.
Actually, Portland State opted out of the spring season and only played one scrimmage against Montana, and got squashed. They hadn't played a real game since the 2019 season.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:35 pm
Oregon State will be at home following a road loss. That is not a good setup for us.
Every time I listen to Todd Graham I can't help but think that Hawaii's doing the best that they can. I can, more or less, understand reining in the offense in the second half to put the onus on the defense. Graham seems to be in tuned with every facet of the game and gives Hawaii the best chances to win. CT had a miserable game I'm sure by his standards and hopefully its an anomaly that will be corrected with consistency in the next 11. His million dollar contract rides on being the CT he was in 2020. I hope to see breakout games from him since he seems like a player that UH never had. If he can show well against OSU, it's really going to open up the offense. Luckily the PSU game was not a NFL preseason game for him since they would have cut him, so it's all up to him to show the scouts what he can do by being consistent.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

ucla is ranked #16 this week. hope they continue to work their way up the food chain. there's still hope for hawaii after two sloppy games. oregon state will be a defining game for the warriors. 2-1 in the first quarter of the schedule?

should be an interesting comparison when ucla takes on fresno state in two weeks.

go warriors

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

st808 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:37 pm ucla is ranked #16 this week. hope they continue to work their way up the food chain. there's still hope for hawaii after two sloppy games. oregon state will be a defining game for the warriors. 2-1 in the first quarter of the schedule?

should be an interesting comparison when ucla takes on fresno state in two weeks.

go warriors
Their monster running back Charbonnay also won Pac12 offensive player MVP. This was not the first time we witnessed greatness on the field of battle. ;-)

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

defense needs to study film on fordham linebacker ryan greenhagen who made 31 tackles in a game against nebraska. shedding blocks, wrapping up and never giving up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqLI1suuuzU