First Scrimmage of Fall Camp

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

First Scrimmage of Fall Camp

Post by sarvicdar »

First Scrimmage of Fall Camp👍

For this entry I'll use three sources of the media that describe Saturday's practice dated 8/7.

KHON, KITV and Tsai describe the 100 play, 3 quarter action of football as being up tempo, old fashioned smash ball football and physical.

Each of the media had a different take of the 2 hour practice at Ching Field.

For obvious reasons there were no stats released, and a lot of vagueness used by the media in describing good plays. For example Turner had another long TD with no hint of how, what, where.

KHON described Graham as saying that the LB group has been the best unit thru the 8 days of Fall camp led by Pavihi. And he's challenging his players to get out of their comfort zones.

KITV described the special teams as lighting up the show with the punters as being out of this world with 5 second hang times on their punt with the only letdown being that of the PK missing a couple.

Tsai writes that Laulu, who has dropped 20 pounds, as making five stops in the backfield. And Levao as making his presence known with his physicallity. He also goes on to write that Turner will be PR in addition to his other duties.

What I gather from these reports is that I feel that there is enough information released to nibble on but not have a meal. For myself I could eat twice, I wanted more. Yet I can see the logic of good coaching as not tipping off too much information to your opponents.

With the conclusion of Saturday's scrimmage we're 20 days away and counting to the UCLA game. Did I hear someone say hooray? Next week Saturday the Warriors are scheduled for another scrimmage, and for the players the closer to the start of the season the competition for spots becomes more heated, especially on making the traveling roster to the Rose Bowl. It will be interesting to see how this team developes into this season with the addition of having spring practices, strength and conditioning, summer drills and fall camp, whereas last season during the pandemic practice opportunities were limited.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: First Scrimmage of Fall Camp

Post by TheDuke »

If I am not mistaken the comment regarding Laulu referred to his five stops for losses last year not during the scrimmage.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2021/8 ... backs.aspx

From UH's web site I got this.

Graham's FInal Say: "We were limited last year with a short season and it forced us to be more vanilla," Graham says. "Now we're really opening up the playbook.

So it would seem C will have more tools in his toolbox, which will be a good thing, and I am eager to see. It looks like QB's BA and BS are battling for the two spot. Of BS Graham said he has a live arm and point quard qualities

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/AHoshidaSports/status/1424131341893787648 https://twitter.com/KyleChinen/status/1424227553976324101

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Glad to see the Warriors working hard and Coach being so positive.

Question: I seem to recall reading some years back that the team re-uses old jerseys for practices. If so, were these pants with the "butt streaks" from Chow's era? :lol:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.