Fans required to be vaccinated in order to attend games!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Fans required to be vaccinated in order to attend games!!

Post by EITSwarrior »

Whoa didn't think it would go that deep.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:37 am Whoa didn't think it would go that deep.
Well, it is a state-wide program that should be shared with young kids. I have always thought we should figure out how to get them in the stands. All those seats were left empty for years when we could have got young kids in them.

I am not saying it is intentional. But it is how our leaders think. They pretend to be of a political class that stands for certain things but they never deliver.

They screwed up the stadium planning. But they can still attend the games. This is called failed leadership. Thanks for hearing my rant. I am not angry. Just expressing a view. And yes, the next generations need to look elsewhere for a decent life unless they are already connected. Nobody going to think about them. Families are not going to being going to watch football unless they got lots of money for it. And now, no more choice anyway. There are only enough seats for the elite.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:46 am Only good place I can think off is the old Varsity Theater parking lot. It can fit a few dozen cars/trucks. Dunno who owns it though.
Kanewai park if you can score parking in the neighborhood. However, I think the loss of tailgating won't be so bad if they provide a good pregame experience on campus. Food trucks, maybe a beer garden in the baseball stadium and/or the arena. There are so many possibilities to totally recreate the GameDay experience, in a good way.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

poidog wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:11 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:46 am Only good place I can think off is the old Varsity Theater parking lot. It can fit a few dozen cars/trucks. Dunno who owns it though.
Kanewai park if you can score parking in the neighborhood. However, I think the loss of tailgating won't be so bad if they provide a good pregame experience on campus. Food trucks, maybe a beer garden in the baseball stadium and/or the arena. There are so many possibilities to totally recreate the GameDay experience, in a good way.
They could sell the spots on the roof of the garage as a tailgating area.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:52 pm
It will be interesting to see what they do with the garage. Early plans indicated a "viewing deck" area, but I haven't heard anything else about that part of the plan.

uhwarriors

Re: UH Will Play at Ching Field

Post by uhwarriors »

Star-Advertiser wrote:In a letter to government officials last week, the UH athletic department proposed allowing only fans fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend football games at Ching, volleyball matches and basketball games at Simplifi, and soccer matches at Waipio. Fans would have to wear masks during the events.

“I think that’s the best idea,” Blangiardi told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser. “We’re not quite in position to get (approval for spectators) signed off on, but I think that’s going to be the answer to give us the opportunity to say, ‘You can put the 9,000-plus people in (Ching).’ That would be the selling point.”

With that policy, Blangiard said, “I’m going to do everything in my power to make that happen.”

UH also recommended a refund plan for season-ticket buyers who are unvaccinated or will not be able to complete the vaccination process ahead of the Rainbow Wahine’s Aug. 27 volleyball match against Fairfield or the Warrior football team’s Sept. 4 home opener at Ching. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses. The recommended interval between doses is 21 days for Pfizer and 28 days for Moderna. Full vaccination is considered two weeks after the second dose. Johnson & Johnson offers a one-shot vaccination.
“I understand and know how important UH football is for the community,” Blangiardi said. “As we move forward, we have to figure out a way to get (fans into Ching).”

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/08/ ... g_rewarded

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I wouldn't be worrying about tailgating. I'd be much more concerned about whether fans will be allowed at the games at all. Tailgating and other socializing pre and post-game will be among the reasons that fans won't be allowed.
Star-Advertiser wrote:Gov. David Ige is looking at reimposing restrictions, including limits on indoor and outdoor gatherings, to try to dampen the surge in COVID-19 cases that’s threatening to overwhelm the state’s health care system. He’s expected to make an announcement by the end of the week.

“We are having to look at restrictions again,” Ige told Spotlight Hawaii on Monday. “We were hoping that the case counts would level off and begin to normalize, but we are seeing exponential growth.”
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/08/ ... or-hawaii/

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

What will be included in the mitigation plan? I think it's a forgone conclusion that proof of vaccination and masks will be required to attend games. But at what capacity? I've heard 50% and 75% mentioned.
https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1425252742767943689

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:52 pm
If I'm not mistaken, Matlin already said that there would be no tailgating anywhere on campus.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.