UH Requiring Student Athletes To Be Vaccinated

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

UH Requiring Student Athletes To Be Vaccinated

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/StarAdvertiser/status/1423082483973775363.

https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1423089459248046083

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UH Requiring Student Athletes To Be Vaccinated

Post by couz808 »

I wonder if this will have more players in the transfer protocol to schools that don’t mandate vaccines? Either way I’m all for health and safety.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

couz808 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:00 pm I wonder if this will have more players in the transfer protocol to schools that don’t mandate vaccines? Either way I’m all for health and safety.
Maybe and possibly was reason why the DB coach left. Not saying that's why he left, just throwing a theory out there. At least the players have the option of medical or religious exemption if they can or want them.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I don't really care if players decide to transfer because they don't want to get vaccinated. Maybe they can join Rolo's team wherever he goes.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... uxbndlbing
Selfishness on the part of an athlete cost North Carolina State a chance in the college world series. Supposedly there were two players who chose not to get vaccinated causing a lot of positive tests for the team thus a forfeit. You can bet a lot of the players on the NC State team were pissed at the two players.
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory ... 9-78493562
This probably affected the chances of all those ball players wanting to get drafted.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

couz808 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:00 pm I wonder if this will have more players in the transfer protocol to schools that don’t mandate vaccines? Either way I’m all for health and safety.
This wouldn't be wise as they wouldn't know the future of that school's covid mandates.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If they don't want to get vaccinated, don't want to be here, and choose to enter the transfer portal, then good luck to them. A glance at the transfer portal shows a lot of athletes who never landed at another school. It's a crap shoot out there.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1423404863501733892

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Its not just UH, its happening all over.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/supre ... hp&pc=U531

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

If the players don’t want to be part of the problem they need to get vaccinated. It’s pretty clear vaccines are much safer than the disease and being vaccinated is much safer than not being vaccinated. This is a pandemic of misinformation
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

They need to vaccinate the offense bc their were over run with Bruinitis.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

At this point, UH Football is on shaky ground. Don't care about rights, freedom to choose, your body, etc. UH Football is too important to let some un-vac player (coach/staff) mess it up.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:37 am At this point, UH Football is on shaky ground. Don't care about rights, freedom to choose, your body, etc. UH Football is too important to let some un-vac player (coach/staff) mess it up.
Cabanalane, missed you on this forum. Wondering if you would have ventured next door to Las Cruces last week since Arizona was cancelled.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:51 am
cabanalane wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:37 am At this point, UH Football is on shaky ground. Don't care about rights, freedom to choose, your body, etc. UH Football is too important to let some un-vac player (coach/staff) mess it up.
Cabanalane, missed you on this forum. Wondering if you would have ventured next door to Las Cruces last week since Arizona was cancelled.
Thank you. When I retired, I'm going to be that guy. Go on the road to watch UH football in-person. I don't mind sleeping in the car (minivan) to cut down cost.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:37 am
shrek2 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:51 am
Thank you. When I retired, I'm going to be that guy. Go on the road to watch UH football in-person. I don't mind sleeping in the car (minivan) to cut down cost.
That's why I admire fans like Fuschia Yamashiro who works out of Las Vegas, goes to all the UH road games and runs the marathon.
https://www.khon2.com/local-news/uh-hel ... -no-sleep/

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I forget his name, there's another guy that's in the SF bay area (I think) that coordinate (or I should say used to coordinate) the UH group at some of the away games. He is/was a member of this forum. Met him and some of his friends once at a away game. Forget his screen name (and real name) now.