oklahoma and texas to the sec. what will the mountain west look like in 2025

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

oklahoma and texas to the sec. what will the mountain west look like in 2025

Post by st808 »

with oklahoma and texas moving to the sec in 2025 to minimize espn's broadcast influence, the shake up in other conferences' rosters is inevitable.

how will the mwc respond? which teams from the mwc are most likely to leave? which teams should the mwc pursue for membership? should hawaii apply to another conference?

will the state begin to demolish aloha stadium by 2025?
Last edited by st808 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: what will the mountain west look like in 2025

Post by wyokie »

st808 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:23 pm with oklahoma and texas moving to the sec in 2025 to minimize espn's broadcast influence, the shake up in other conferences' rosters is inevitable.

how will the mwc respond? which teams from the mwc are most likely to leave? which teams should the mwc pursue for membership? should hawaii apply to another conference?

If the Big XII implodes to where the remaining 8 schools finds new homes then, the MWC won't lose a school and might even get one...either K-State or TCU. If we do get a leftover, we'll have to find another school to keep the conference at an even number.

But, if the leftovers start grabbing schools to keep the Big XII alive then, all bets are off.

Personally would love to see the MW grab TCU. That way I can go to more Wyoming games...Fort Worth is only about a 4 hour drive from OKC.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wyokie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:21 pm
st808 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:23 pm with oklahoma and texas moving to the sec in 2025 to minimize espn's broadcast influence, the shake up in other conferences' rosters is inevitable.

If the Big XII implodes to where the remaining 8 schools finds new homes then, the MWC won't lose a school and might even get one...either K-State or TCU. If we do get a leftover, we'll have to find another school to keep the conference at an even number.

But, if the leftovers start grabbing schools to keep the Big XII alive then, all bets are off.

Personally would love to see the MW grab TCU. That way I can go to more Wyoming games...Fort Worth is only about a 4 hour drive from OKC.
I think you might see the Big 12 respond by trying to get Boise and BYU. Or if they're dead set on staying Texas oriented, then Houston and SMU. Or any two of those 4 or heck maybe all 4 of those schools.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:27 pm
wyokie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:21 pm

I think you might see the Big 12 respond by trying to get Boise and BYU. Or if they're dead set on staying Texas oriented, then Houston and SMU. Or any two of those 4 or heck maybe all 4 of those schools.
The Big 12 is better off dead if they add BYU. I don't trust/or like that place at all.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: oklahoma and texas to the sec. what will the mountain west look like in 2025

Post by gopunahou »

Surprising that nobody’s mentioned Cincinnati as a potential future P5 team. Although their best bet was the Big 12.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Re: oklahoma and texas to the sec. what will the mountain west look like in 2025

Post by JWarrior »

I too would love for the MWC to snatch up TCU & SMU, so I could go to those games here in the Metroplex! However, I don't see that happening. Instead I see the other big conferences snatching up what's left. Ok. St. to Big 10, possibly s/ o TF her schools like Kansas, K State & another school. Then there is th he PAC 12 that will also be lurking. I just hope UH gets in there somehow wa, but I doubt it, too many teams that recruit Hawaii, that they don't want UH to have that level of prestige, to compete with them in recruiting.
ImageImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

JWarrior wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:34 pm I too would love for the MWC to snatch up TCU & SMU, so I could go to those games here in the Metroplex! However, I don't see that happening. Instead I see the other big conferences snatching up what's left. Ok. St. to Big 10, possibly s/ o TF her schools like Kansas, K State & another school. Then there is th he PAC 12 that will also be lurking. I just hope UH gets in there somehow wa, but I doubt it, too many teams that recruit Hawaii, that they don't want UH to have that level of prestige, to compete with them in recruiting.
Personally would love to see TCU go back to the MW but as you said...that aint happening.

BTW, I honestly can't see Okie State going to the Big Ten. They are a better fit for the PAC-XX aka Pick A Number.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:27 pm I think you might see the Big 12 respond by trying to get Boise and BYU. Or if they're dead set on staying Texas oriented, then Houston and SMU. Or any two of those 4 or heck maybe all 4 of those schools.
Good guess with BYU and Houston. Add UCF and Cincy.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... d=msedgntp

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

This is a decent result for the MWC as it weakens the AAC and they can't make a run at being a P5/P6 conference anymore, not can they claim that they are the best G5 conference. Status Quo works for now.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I don't care what happens to other teams across the landscape. I just hope Hawaii survives.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

TheDuke wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:01 am I don't care what happens to other teams across the landscape. I just hope Hawaii survives.
Same here. I hope Wyoming survives as well.