Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

A Record 10 Rainbow Warriors Named MW Scholar-Athletes

Post by Scott »

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – A total of 10 University of Hawai'i football student-athletes were recipients of the 2020-21 Mountain West Scholar-Athlete Award. It marked a record-number of honorees for UH, surpassing the nine selections last year.

Among the recipients was running back Hekili Keliiliki , who made the list for the third straight year. Only three other Rainbow Warriors – Noah Borden, Ben Clarke and Ben Scruton – have made the list at least that many times.

Two-time recipients included wide receiver Jonah Panoke, defensive lineman Fo'i Shaw, and offensive lineman Eliki Tanuvasa, while first-time honorees were punter Ben Falck, quarterback Jake Farrell, defensive back Noa Kamana, defensive lineman Alema Kapoi, defensive back Alaka'i Mashima, and defensive back Logan Taylor.

A conference-best 1,351 student-athletes were honored with the award, which is considered one of the highest academic honors bestowed by the conference. To be eligible for selection, student-athletes must have completed at least two academic terms at the member institution, while maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better. The athletic contribution/participation requirement has been omitted for the award this year due to the impact of COVID-19.

Football is UH's only MW-sponsored sport.

#HawaiiFB

Neal Iwamoto
Assistant Media Relations Director
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Athletics Department
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: A Record 10 Rainbow Warriors Named MW Scholar-Athletes

Post by My3Cats »

Congrats to these Warriors! Quite an accomplishment to juggle full-time studies with full-time football commitments.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.