Yes To Fresno Being UH's Homecoming Game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Yes To Fresno Being UH's Homecoming Game

Post by sarvicdar »

I am delighted to see that Fresno is UH's Homecoming opponent this season on national television. This is Warrior. This is having a good fight, an eager following, where UH's Homecoming games in 2018 (Central Arkansas) and 2019 (Duquesne) where ho-hum, cup cake (I call them guppies) and the program (or AD, or the former HC) looking for an easy win, and an easy way out to appease the alumni and school.

My intuition tells me Coach Graham's hands are all over this. And sizing the HC up he seems that he not one to drool over artificial Homecoming wins against easy opponents and would opt to play a formidable team. Fresno is just that at historically being UH's biggest rival and fits the mold.

Compared to 2018-2019 the 2021 Homecoming game scheduled for October 2 is like watching the team go from the bunny hop to the giant slalom.

The stage is set wisely this season. And I am glad. For these choices are the seeds that build champions imo. Graham knows this. A lesser HC (or AD ... and btw what's up with a school record 7 road games this season DM?) would drool over scheduling/opting a NMS or CSU this season as a homecoming opponent to make points with the alumni. To me it seems Graham is not one that is worried about vanity points and is looking at the future.