2021 u.h. football limited ticket plan

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2021 u.h. football limited ticket plan

Post by poidog »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:42 pm Shushu....what a bad look for a D1 program with 8k stadium. Lack of leadership throughout the system.
Does it really make a difference? The only time anyone gives us any respect is if we beat good teams. People who think Hawaii football is a joke will always feel that way, regardless of our stadium situation. Yes, it is unfortunate but I really wonder if it matters as much as we think it does...

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

poidog wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:32 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:42 pm Shushu....what a bad look for a D1 program with 8k stadium. Lack of leadership throughout the system.
Does it really make a difference? The only time anyone gives us any respect is if we beat good teams. People who think Hawaii football is a joke will always feel that way, regardless of our stadium situation. Yes, it is unfortunate but I really wonder if it matters as much as we think it does...
If you don't understand this will hurt recruiting I'd question your intelligence. Optics matter and this is horrible optics my friend. College teams are brands. Our brand looks $hitty @ the moment.

I won't talk about the lack of offensive fire power and a deficient D. That's for another day.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:42 pm
If you don't understand this will hurt recruiting I'd question your intelligence. Optics matter and this is horrible optics my friend. College teams are brands. Our brand looks $hitty @ the moment.

I won't talk about the lack of offensive fire power and a deficient D. That's for another day.
"I came to the University of Hawaii because I want to play in a 40 year old stadium that's less than 40% full and 10 miles from campus"
-no recruit ever

Aside from a few local recruits who have sentimental attachments to it, Aloha Stadium hasn't been much of a recruiting tool for a long time, and I doubt that it was ever the deciding factor for any out-of-state recruits of note. And yes opposing coaches will use our Stadium situation as a negative pitch against players coming here, but they will just be using "small stadium" in place of "old, empty stadium" or whatever else they choose to say to recruits about UH.

I get it, though... It's easy to crap on the situation as a way to deal with frustration. But don't make like UH is falling from such great heights all of a sudden because of the stadium situation. 14 years ago we made national news for not having soap in the locker rooms...

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

poidog wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:54 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:42 pm

"I came to the University of Hawaii because I want to play in a 40 year old stadium that's less than 40% full and 10 miles from campus"
-no recruit ever

Aside from a few local recruits who have sentimental attachments to it, Aloha Stadium hasn't been much of a recruiting tool for a long time, and I doubt that it was ever the deciding factor for any out-of-state recruits of note. And yes opposing coaches will use our Stadium situation as a negative pitch against players coming here, but they will just be using "small stadium" in place of "old, empty stadium" or whatever else they choose to say to recruits about UH.

I get it, though... It's easy to crap on the situation as a way to deal with frustration. But don't make like UH is falling from such great heights all of a sudden because of the stadium situation. 14 years ago we made national news for not having soap in the locker rooms...
Is Aloha stadium better than the bleacher stadium erected? If you're not frustrated with the optics you're likely a bandwidth fan or know nothing about football, recruiting, etc. I guess complacent fans are needed to help the complacent state and UH bureaucrats.

Never said ppl won't come bc Aloha Stadium. When comparing apples to apples unmmm...most other teams in D1 got way better stadiums and I'd argue kids want to play in front of more ppl and ambience. Our facilities have been upgraded a bunch recently. If facilities didn't matter, the weight room, study halls and locker rooms would be jacked like the TC complex. #RealEBTStatus
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

UNLV is going to get a boost playing in Allegiant even if they play badly.

We should have a Pro Bowl ready stadium. That probably means 45k. Money can be made on concerts and events. And we could get pro bowl back. And this would be a boost to UH football. But unfortunately this isn’t in the cards.

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

The June 7th cut off for improving your donation amount has passed. Any word on if tickets are being offered up yet? I have a snowballs chance of getting tickets this year, so call me a interested party.