New WR Coach is FSU GA (and former Auburn WR) Marcus Davis

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

New WR Coach is FSU GA (and former Auburn WR) Marcus Davis

Post by kapakahi »

Last edited by kapakahi on Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: New WR Coach expected to be FSU GA Marcus Davis

Post by Irse »

Hopefully, he's good.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Sounds like he's from the Todd Graham coaching tree, maybe not directly, but a derivative through Mike Norvell.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Perhaps the Florida native can open that area for recruiting. The speed there is different. When I worked at IBM out of college, I did training in Tampa and watched Frank Gore play in HS (had 7 TDs I believe) and was amazed at the level of talent and sheer speed across all positions.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Irse

Post by Irse »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:54 pm Perhaps the Florida native can open that area for recruiting. The speed there is different. When I worked at IBM out of college, I did training in Tampa and watched Frank Gore play in HS (had 7 TDs I believe) and was amazed at the level of talent and sheer speed across all positions.
Nice to be able to recruit Florida but he was only a GA, I don't know how many contacts he has with coaches in Florida. We still need to be able to recruit California which we haven't done much in the past two years. Hopefully our OC will have Cali ties.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Irse wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:57 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:54 pm Perhaps the Florida native can open that area for recruiting. The speed there is different. When I worked at IBM out of college, I did training in Tampa and watched Frank Gore play in HS (had 7 TDs I believe) and was amazed at the level of talent and sheer speed across all positions.
Nice to be able to recruit Florida but he was only a GA, I don't know how many contacts he has with coaches in Florida. We still need to be able to recruit California which we haven't done much in the past two years. Hopefully our OC will have Cali ties.
Coach Davis is from Florida.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Irse

Post by Irse »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:20 pm
Irse wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:57 am
Coach Davis is from Florida.
Yes, he is from Florida but as a high schooler then going to college out of state at Auburn doesn't necessarily mean he has lots of recruiting contacts in Florida since he may not have been recruiting much as a GA.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:36 pm Yes, he is from Florida but as a high schooler then going to college out of state at Auburn doesn't necessarily mean he has lots of recruiting contacts in Florida since he may not have been recruiting much as a GA.
:-? I don't understand this...

Mostly all coaches have recruiting contacts where they grew up and played high school.
That's why many colleges want assistant coaches from Hawaii, American Samoa and other fertile recruiting grounds.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: New WR Coach is FSU GA (and former Auburn WR) Marcus Davis

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/Marcus_davis1/status/1368402253749522439

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:54 pm
Irse wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:36 pm Yes, he is from Florida but as a high schooler then going to college out of state at Auburn doesn't necessarily mean he has lots of recruiting contacts in Florida since he may not have been recruiting much as a GA.
:-? I don't understand this...

Mostly all coaches have recruiting contacts where they grew up and played high school.
That's why many colleges want assistant coaches from Hawaii, American Samoa and other fertile recruiting grounds.
Yeah, maybe youo guys are right. Let's see how hard we recruit Florida.
ImageImage