Looking Back At The Michigan (Brady) vs UH Game In 1998

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Looking Back At The Michigan (Brady) vs UH Game In 1998

Post by sarvicdar »

Tom Brady vs Hawaii

Who would have thought that in the 1998 game, Michigan vs Hawaii, on November 28 that the Michigan's star QB would some day turn out to be the best NFL QB, athlete and champion ever?

Who would have thought?

Twenty two years later Brady's still playing, and just captured his seventh Super Bowl ring.

That has to rank up there with being a super nova. For there is no other athlete that I can think of that shines greater. At age 43, spanning a twenty year career, he's been synonymous with greatness, legend and fame (10 Super Bowl appearances says a lot).

For the 34,000 fans at Aloha Stadium on that day. Especially those rooting for the hometown and Dan Robinson, Hawaii's QB, in a 48-17 loss they can certainly take solace that they had a chance and saw Tom Brady play and have now witnessed his post collegiate success the past 22 years.

That game is a keepsake memory. It's like saying you had a glimpse of the Beatles as the group was starting out.

For the record Brady was 9-10 passing with 2 TD in 2 quarters of play.

I watched a lot of Brady over the years, and the replay of the 1998 game, and all of his performances have turned out to be treasures imo (for the most part). He should imo be template to follow. And I wish to some extent the Hawaii coaches take note. That offense that Tampa Bay runs is similar to Michigan's. With Brady taking the majority of snaps under center, and either handing the ball off (off tackle, center, taking different angles) and or passing the ball. I can see the language that Brady's speaking. Attack with the RB, TE, screens, and stretch the field.

Has anyone here watched the 98' game in person?

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Looking Back At The Michigan (Brady) vs UH Game In 1998

Post by couz808 »

sarvicdar wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:09 am Tom Brady vs Hawaii

Who would have thought that in the 1998 game, Michigan vs Hawaii, on November 28 that the Michigan's star QB would some day turn out to be the best NFL QB, athlete and champion ever?

Who would have thought?

Twenty two years later Brady's still playing, and just captured his seventh Super Bowl ring.

That has to rank up there with being a super nova. For there is no other athlete that I can think of that shines greater. At age 43, spanning a twenty year career, he's been synonymous with greatness, legend and fame (10 Super Bowl appearances says a lot).

For the 34,000 fans at Aloha Stadium on that day. Especially those rooting for the hometown and Dan Robinson, Hawaii's QB, in a 48-17 loss they can certainly take solace that they had a chance and saw Tom Brady play and have now witnessed his post collegiate success the past 22 years.

That game is a keepsake memory. It's like saying you had a glimpse of the Beatles as the group was starting out.

For the record Brady was 9-10 passing with 2 TD in 2 quarters of play.

I watched a lot of Brady over the years, and the replay of the 1998 game, and all of his performances have turned out to be treasures imo (for the most part). He should imo be template to follow. And I wish to some extent the Hawaii coaches take note. That offense that Tampa Bay runs is similar to Michigan's. With Brady taking the majority of snaps under center, and either handing the ball off (off tackle, center, taking different angles) and or passing the ball. I can see the language that Brady's speaking. Attack with the RB, TE, screens, and stretch the field.

Has anyone here watched the 98' game in person?
I was there in person. The most memorable thing at the stadium wasn’t the Michigan Hawaii score but at the same time the wahine volleyball team was playing in Vegas against BYU for the WAC championship that was like 5 hours long and I remember hearing a large cheer at the stadium when the wahine won the championship.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I was there. The thing I like most about Brady is that coming out of college, many “experts” were saying that he wasn’t good enough to be an NFL quarterback. I guess he’s proven them wrong.

Note: I think I saw Hawaii play against and beat a Ben Roethisberger led Ohio team.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

For Grinch. Good memory. Big Ben from Miami of Ohio played against Nick Rolovich in a barn burner, 52-51 Hawaii win.

https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2001/1 ... 30390.aspx
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I remember Big Ben. Don't remember Brady and don't remember Romo for Eastern Illinois in 2002
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Yup...remember Brady, Big Ben & Romo.....but also remember when UH beat UCF with Daunte Culpepper....
https://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/foot ... -ho-ching/

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

When Miami of Ohio played UH that year, I knew that big boy slinging it for them was going to be special. That is when I learned how to pronounce....Roth...lissss. bergerrrr.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

kapakahi wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:28 pm Yup...remember Brady, Big Ben & Romo.....but also remember when UH beat UCF with Daunte Culpepper....
https://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/foot ... -ho-ching/
I don't remember Daunte either.
ImageImage