Thanks and Best Wishes to Ta'aga Tu'ulima!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Thanks and Best Wishes to Ta'aga Tu'ulima!

Post by kapakahi »

Having graduated last semester with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, 3-year starting C Ta'aga Tu'ulima will be moving on from UH.... https://twitter.com/Hula_Bowl/status/1347440670571515906

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Thanks and Best Wishes to Ta'aga Tu'ulima!

Post by Irse »

Good luck to him. From walkon to starter and HM all conference. Great career here.
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Irse wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:35 am Good luck to him. From walkon to starter and HM all conference. Great career here.
https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1336385282623627266 https://twitter.com/Coach_Gerrard/status/738198752599498753

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Thanks for choosing to be a Warrior, and best wishes in the future!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Mechanical Engineering and 1st team football player and MWC Academic honors Good for the young man! Great story.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

He went Iolani, right? I recall reading he also speaks Mandarin (because he learned it). Add football, ME degree, that's amazing.

But wouldn't he have one more year too? I'm not reading where it said his football career is ending? Or that's what Hula Bowl means?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:46 pm He went Iolani, right? I recall reading he also speaks Mandarin (because he learned it). Add football, ME degree, that's amazing.

But wouldn't he have one more year too? I'm not reading where it said his football career is ending? Or that's what Hula Bowl means?
Reminds me of another Iolani Oline grad Dane Uperesa. Gave it a shot at the NFL and played for the Bengals & Colts. Then used his smarts to start up
"Pohaku Pacific" a Native Hawaiian Owned (NHO) health care company.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:46 pm He went Iolani, right? I recall reading he also speaks Mandarin (because he learned it). Add football, ME degree, that's amazing.

This might be Hekili Keliiki who served a two year mission in Australia in a Mandarin speaking church. I think the attendance at the Hula Bowl means he is showcasing for the next level or ready to start his professional career as a Engineering professional.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:46 pm But wouldn't he have one more year too? I'm not reading where it said his football career is ending? Or that's what Hula Bowl means?
https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1348745123480309762

Irse

Post by Irse »

He does have one more year but playing in the Hula Bowl would indicate that he is foregoing the extra year.
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Since losing at least 2 interior OL (Ta'aga to graduation & Wa'a to transfer portal)....and senior OGs Michael Eletise, Kohl Levao and/or Alesana Sunia potentially also not returning next season (all having already graduated), hopefully UH will also sign at least 2 interior OL in the Late Signing Period.

Since also losing at least 2 OTs (with back-up OTs Hilborn & Moore in the transfer portal)....and senior OTs Gene Pryor and/or Joey Nu'uanu-Kuhi'iki potentially also not returning next season (both having already graduated), hopefully UH will sign at least 2 OTs in the Late Signing Period.

Irse

Post by Irse »

kapakahi wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:13 am Since losing at least 2 interior OL (Ta'aga to graduation & Wa'a to transfer portal)....and senior OGs Michael Eletise, Kohl Levao and/or Alesana Sunia potentially also not returning next season (all having already graduated), hopefully UH will also sign at least 2 interior OL in the Late Signing Period.

Since also losing at least 2 OTs (with back-up OTs Hilborn & Moore in the transfer portal)....and senior OTs Gene Pryor and/or Joey Nu'uanu-Kuhi'iki potentially also not returning next season (both having already graduated), hopefully UH will sign at least 2 OTs in the Late Signing Period.
I wonder how many of the seniors will decide to give it one more year. All could use another year before trying the nfl. None had a year that you would want before going pro. Eletise looked like he gained too much weight. Levao was hurt. Pryor didn't have a good year and Nu'uanu-Kuhi'iki opted out.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

It would seem the Ravens need a new center.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »