What Questions Would You Ask Coach Graham

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

What Questions Would You Ask Coach Graham

Post by sarvicdar »

What Questions Would You Ask Coach Graham?

I made a list of 10 questions and invite the readers to add theirs.

1. In a non-Covid 19 year what is your policy in regards to the media and public attending practices?

2. What is the story behind QB Justin Uahinui? I see he has fallen off the depth chart? Did the players ahead of him improve greatly?

3. Heaven forbid if QB CC goes down. Who do you bring in? Abbot? Or do you go with Turner?

4. Last season I watched OL MV in practices and to my eyes he looked to be the hardest worker on the field (he's always working on his technique on the side, in between drills). What piqued my interest further is his pass catching skills (he was doing pass catching drills with the WR that day) and he looked like a natural. If there ever was candidate for a TE on your team would MV be in consideration? I also think if you let the player loose as a DE he would absolutely kill it. Your thoughts.

5. Is Hawaii a hard sell to recruits? Like is it hard to sell the middle of nowhere. Your predecessors think so-bringing up that the players are afraid of becoming homesick. But what grabs me is that in the limited time (you were hired in late January) you had to recruit, you did well (i.e., WR QB with 30 offers, transfer players that contributed immediately ). Your thoughts.

6. During your 2 year absence from coaching football were you actively seeking a HC job? If yes, how many times were you turned away. Why the Hawaii job? Did Matlin call you or did you call Hawaii?

7. How would you rate Hawaii's athletic facilities on a scale from 1-10. How does Hawaii compare to the other schools that you have coached at?

8. Of all the new incoming players which player has surprised you the most? My answer would be your punter/kick off, Stack. Your thoughts?

9. In interviews I have heard your mantra of how your team/players needs to play physical, be physical, how do you approach this physicality that you have alluded to? If the answer is during practices then my question would be how do you guard against the players injuring themselves?

10. Is there any compromise that UHAD/you can work out with the governor to allow some fans into the stadium. I know he's said no. But if someone directs his attention to other venues, like the swap meet-which runs 3 times a week at the stadium, has more moving parts and vulnerability of spreading the disease (in view of current lower number of cases) is allowed by the state then why can't UH football have a small crowd cheering your team on (especially with all safety measures taken) and only for four dates? I think it would be huge for your players to have their relatives at the game, classmates etc. Your thoughts.

Bonus Question

After the Wyoming game are you flying straight home or are you going to take in the Boise-AF game in Denver this Saturday, and perhaps squeeze in some recruiting (if that's allowed)?

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: What Questions Would You Ask Coach Graham

Post by cabanalane »

Are you working on your book deal? I like to read your (football) book, if you ever get around to write and publish one. You got some great philosophies, as a man, a coach, a teacher, etc.