UH football is not for the Working Class

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

UH football is not for the Working Class

Post by UnBiasFan »

No football for our COVID stricken families unless you want to group gather and split the $70 TV cost.

Really sad. They have no clue.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: UH football is not for the Working Class

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:24 am No football for our COVID stricken families unless you want to group gather and split the $70 TV cost.

Really sad. They have no clue.
I’m sure they are cash strapped just like us.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I think that UH's decision to not have fans in the stadium is the prudent thing to do. If fans don't want to pay Spectrum/Hawaiian Telcom fee or split the cost with others at their own risk in a group setting, they can always listen to the radio. Or watch the Fox Sports and CBSSN telecasts for the two other games. But I think that you still have to pay for those premium sports channels. MWC not good enough for the free national TV stations. Be thankful that there is going to be some Warrior football this season after all.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

smh and they moved the non-Hawaii feed off Facebook and onto some crappy app again.

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Neighbor wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 pm smh and they moved the non-Hawaii feed off Facebook and onto some crappy app again.
what app?

asking for a friend

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Exiled wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:34 pm
Neighbor wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 pm smh and they moved the non-Hawaii feed off Facebook and onto some crappy app again.
what app?

asking for a friend
Team1Sports ???? Not available on a pc.
https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2020/1 ... unced.aspx

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Yea like where are they going to get money to support their programs at the university if they don't allow fans at the stadium for football? These democrats are taking away everything. Like hitler. The way they speak to us is like they are our parents and are punishing us for not staying at home, or not wearing masks , which i never see accept when families unite for some much needed human contact with identity.

They put so much into wearing masks then they should allow fans at the stadium wearing masks like the SEC does. I think it's 20 percent of the total capacity of the stadium are allowed in to watch the game. Yes some don't allow them at all and that is wrong in my opinion.

We may not have sports at all if this continues into 2021.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Maybe Fresno State will have a feed on the internet we can watch for 12 dollars or so. I will check their program out.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Last edited by UnBiasFan on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:36 pm These democrats are taking away everything....
At least in normal times, there is a legislative process. We don’t even have that. Arbitrary decisions by executive authority.

The decision to keep the stadium closed along with keeping the game television price at $70 could lead to more COVID deaths than just letting the 14,235 fans show up. Now there will be a bunch of fans gathering in their carports and garages (assuming the season goes well).

SOLUTIONS: 1) Allow 5,000 (or some other number) tested fans in the stadium using same standard applied at airports; 2) find several locations to turn into drive-in movie broadcasts; 3) negotiate with Spectrum to figure out a way to sell PPV for $20 instead of the ridiculous price they got (use advertising, sponsorship, whatever it takes) .... 4) ....

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Well you can all watch the radio like I do for most games then wait for the replay. :lol: Is anyone going to quit supporting UH football because of this? I think we need a working vaccine and require proof of vaccination to go to see live football. Just my opinion.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I'm a working stiff
Hanging from a cliff
In this bubble I drift
Hoping for a lift
Some sunshine, a gift
Some hope that's adrift
But there's only rift
More rift, now to sift
These prices I sniff
Seventy batters whiffed
This live feed ... starves thrift
... So too game tickets miffed
And bar feeds closed stiff
This working stiff-miffed
My field of dreams facelift
Now to blind folds and sniffs

I find it disheartening that all across the nation that other fans will be able to watch this game at no cost. Yet the residents (like myself) here in Hawaii that have equity in the state, pay their taxes, and love the home team with their support for the last four+ decades are price gouged, speared, and are just afterthoughts to the leaders of the state, including the governor and UH administration.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

dakineguy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 am Well you can all watch the radio like I do for most games then wait for the replay. :lol: Is anyone going to quit supporting UH football because of this? I think we need a working vaccine and require proof of vaccination to go to see live football. Just my opinion.
My grandfather used to watch the radio. Dodger fan. I can hear Vin Skully’s voice now. Greatest ever.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I'm glad you crybabies gotta pay. fake fans anyway.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

poidog wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:30 am I'm glad you crybabies gotta pay. fake fans anyway.
Insulting people’s fanhood? Brah, that’s not cool.