We might get Thursday and Friday night UH Games!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

We might get Thursday and Friday night UH Games!

Post by Scott »

Aloha Stadium Announcement, looks like we might have Thursday and Friday football games, pending national TV selections.

https://alohastadium.hawaii.gov/uh-football/schedule/

Home » UH Football » 2020 Football Season Schedule
2020 FOOTBALL SEASON SCHEDULE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Mountain West announced its 2020 football schedule on Thursday. Subject to approval from state, county and local officials, the 8-game schedule will begin on Saturday, Oct. 24. The top two teams with the highest Conference winning percentage will face off in the MW Championship game on Saturday, Dec. 19. The schedule is comprised of 46 Conference matchups playing out over nine weeks with no divisional delineation.

“We are excited to get our student-athletes back on the football field this fall,” said Commissioner Craig Thompson. “The shift away from a two-division format was necessary to optimize the schedule and allow for maximum flexibility given the various constraints which had to be considered. Inasmuch as the season begins with an uneven number of Conference games, and the possibility exists additional games may be lost to COVID-19 challenges, the procedures for determining the participants in and location for the MW Football Championship Game were adapted to accommodate a range of outcomes in as equitable a fashion as possible.”

Today’s release represents the first phase in the 2020 football schedule process. Mountain West national television partners CBS Sports and FOX Sports will now initiate a selection procedure which will include the shifting of several games to Thursdays and Fridays. Additional announcements on television selections will be made in the near future. All games the first week will be played on Saturday, Oct. 24.

The 2020 MW football membership includes Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, Fresno State, Hawai‘i, Nevada, New Mexico, San Diego State, San José State, UNLV, Utah State and Wyoming.

2020 Mountain West Football Schedule

Saturday, October 24
Hawai’i at Fresno State*

Saturday, October 31
Hawai’i at Wyoming*

Saturday, November 7
New Mexico at Hawai’i*

Saturday, November 14
Hawai’i at San Diego State*

Saturday, November 21
Boise State at Hawai’i*

Saturday, November 28
Nevada at Hawai’i*

Saturday, December 5
Hawai’i at San José State*

Saturday, December 12
UNLV at Hawai’i*

Saturday, December 19
Mountain West Championship Game

+*Mountain West game
+The Mountain West Football Championship Game will be played at the home stadium of the team with the highest win percentage in Conference games only.
All dates and times are local to site and are subject to change. All games are subject to state, county and local approvals.

The situation is fluid and we will continue to post updates on https://hawaiiathletics.com as well as on Twitter (@HawaiiAthletics).
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"