Halloween game in Laramie

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Halloween game in Laramie

Post by UnBiasFan »

Really looking forward to this one. Our guys are really going to have to push their training to get ready for 7,000 feet. This game is a must win for us.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Halloween game in Laramie

Post by wyokie »

I'm looking forward to it as well.

Wonder why the MW switched SDSU and Hawaii on us. We were supposed to play SDSU in Laramie this year and Hawaii in Laramie next year. Really weird IMO.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Update on this BIG game...……..Game will be on Friday, October 30 at 7:45 p.m. Mountain time...in other words, your boys will freezing their butts off.

Apparently all MW games will be nationally televised.
https://twitter.com/GoWyoGo_com/status/1316083844605337605

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

After the Fresno game would it be practical for UH to stay on the mainland for the six days in preparation for the Wyoming game? I would think so. Why burn 2 of days traveling, get all worn out and tired by traveling back and forth, when the team can leisurely prepare (even acclimate to the thin air) for the Wyoming game by staying on the mainland. With classes virtual the players wouldn't miss classes plus the cost of six days accomendations for the team is close to break even (maybe a little less-I would think) versus returning home.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

sarvicdar wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:20 am After the Fresno game would it be practical for UH to stay on the mainland for the six days in preparation for the Wyoming game? I would think so. Why burn 2 of days traveling, get all worn out and tired by traveling back and forth, when the team can leisurely prepare (even acclimate to the thin air) for the Wyoming game by staying on the mainland. With classes virtual the players wouldn't miss classes plus the cost of six days accomendations for the team is close to break even (maybe a little less-I would think) versus returning home.
I do believe that this is already their plan.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:14 am
sarvicdar wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:20 am After the Fresno game would it be practical for UH to stay on the mainland for the six days in preparation for the Wyoming game? I would think so. Why burn 2 of days traveling, get all worn out and tired by traveling back and forth, when the team can leisurely prepare (even acclimate to the thin air) for the Wyoming game by staying on the mainland. With classes virtual the players wouldn't miss classes plus the cost of six days accomendations for the team is close to break even (maybe a little less-I would think) versus returning home.
I do believe that this is already their plan.
RATS!!!! I was hoping for a super easy win. :evil: GO Pokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

Easy game? No. Wyoming has a QB (Chambers) that completed only 43% of his passes last season (the other 2 QB candidate around 50%.) Three of the top receivers graduated (2 WR, TE). A starting OL went down in fall camp-season ending injury. Five players on the defensive side of the ball opted to sit out this season (3 starters-2 DE ( one a freshmen AA), S). Wyoming has to replace a PK, P, LS, LB Logan Wilson (3rd round pick) . There's also a new DC. That's a lot of pieces Wyoming has to replace. I like Hawaii's chances in this game and think Wyoming is over rated.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Welp, Chambers, our starting QB, is injured badly and our defense stinks. Plus, Vigen, our OC, is still Vigen.

Translation: Hawaii will beat the crap outta ue next week. That is all!!!!!!! :roll:

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

Tsai writes in Tuesday's paper that the team was scheduled to practice Monday in Denver at a nearby field. But because of 7 inches of snow outside the team opted to practice in the ballroom at the hotel. With all these obstacles UH's is facing, including Friday's game day temperature forcast of near freezing, this game is really going to test their resiliency.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

sarvicdar wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:50 pm Tsai writes in Tuesday's paper that the team was scheduled to practice Monday in Denver at a nearby field. But because of 7 inches of snow outside the team opted to practice in the ballroom at the hotel. With all these obstacles UH's is facing, including Friday's game day temperature forcast of near freezing, this game is really going to test their resiliency.
Told ya. Wyoming winters make winters in Siberia look like Hawaii.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:35 am
sarvicdar wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:50 pm Tsai writes in Tuesday's paper that the team was scheduled to practice Monday in Denver at a nearby field. But because of 7 inches of snow outside the team opted to practice in the ballroom at the hotel. With all these obstacles UH's is facing, including Friday's game day temperature forcast of near freezing, this game is really going to test their resiliency.
Told ya. Wyoming winters make winters in Siberia look like Hawaii.
Temperature shouldn’t be a problem. I enjoy walking through the reefer at Costco in slippers and shorts. I am worried about your guys wind.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Wyokie how ya'll feel about your backup qb?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:08 am Wyokie how ya'll feel about your backup qb?
I honestly don't know. I do think that had we had OOC games prior to playing Nevada, we win....But....2020 being what it is.... :roll:

Currently in the middle of what is probably one of the worse ice storms Oklahoma has ever had. Glad I still have power. At least half the city doesn't. Be grateful you all live in Hawaii.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »