MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Wonder what we're going to see on the back of unis

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:54 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:26 am
TheDuke wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:34 am

So most schools lose money supporting athletics and providing scholarships for a free education and it is ok for prima donna athletes to make financial demands for their opportunity to play for that school. If that is your case, then let the players pay for the opportunity to play college ball and pay for their education. Or they can leave and form their own league.
I think you’re thinking that players demand money from the school, which I agree to a point is a little much. But I’m thinking that they should allow players to use their likeness and “fame” to make money on the side. Is that too much to ask? Also I would argue that schools are losing money cause of over-inflated coaches salaries.
I thought the NCAA already approved that.
They did and I think right before the pandemic hit.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Irse wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:54 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:26 am
TheDuke wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:34 am

So most schools lose money supporting athletics and providing scholarships for a free education and it is ok for prima donna athletes to make financial demands for their opportunity to play for that school. If that is your case, then let the players pay for the opportunity to play college ball and pay for their education. Or they can leave and form their own league.
I think you’re thinking that players demand money from the school, which I agree to a point is a little much. But I’m thinking that they should allow players to use their likeness and “fame” to make money on the side. Is that too much to ask? Also I would argue that schools are losing money cause of over-inflated coaches salaries.
I thought the NCAA already approved that.
I remember them discussing it. Don't remember them finalizing it. I may be wrong.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

"But I’m thinking that they should allow players to use their likeness and “fame” to make money on the side." I am ok with this. Just be aware that the bigger schools will be able to attract players that we usually get because they have financially stronger alumni and bigger companies that will be willing to shell out more money to more players for commercials in bigger markets. The recruiting field of play will become more tilted tomorrow then it is today because of $$$. UH will suffer.