Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Wonder what we're going to see on the back of unis

Post by EITSwarrior »

TheDuke wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:58 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 pm
TheDuke wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:20 pm Stupid, I don’t like it. Politicizing sports. More decisiveness. I watch sports to relax and get away from the BS. I don’t need to see what players think and I really don’t care. Pro sports already lost me. Pampered millionaires that don’t live in the realities of the average person.
Well these aren’t pampered millionaires.
My statement regarding pampered millionaires is in reference to the statement preceding it "Pro sports already lost me." Most of the higher visibility college players do believe that they are something special. The reality is they are spoiled prima donas that basically think of themselves and not the rest of the team. Just my opinion.
I think the "higher visibility" college players are thinking about their teammates......as well as themselves. They are using their higher profile to shine a light on issues that would be dismissed if a lesser valued player brought it forward.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:40 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 pm Well these aren’t pampered millionaires.
My statement regarding pampered millionaires is in reference to the statement preceding it "Pro sports already lost me." Most of the higher visibility college players do believe that they are something special. The reality is they are spoiled prima donas that basically think of themselves and not the rest of the team. Just my opinion.
I think the "higher visibility" college players are thinking about their teammates......as well as themselves. They are using their higher profile to shine a light on issues that would be dismissed if a lesser valued player brought it forward.
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 pm Well these aren’t pampered millionaires.
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 pm

Well these aren’t pampered millionaires.
Really? Many of these student athletes are happy to a 4 years of college paid for. What is this a union?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

TheDuke wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:34 pm

Really? Many of these student athletes are happy to a 4 years of college paid for. What is this a union?
Many did not know their actual worth to the university until recently.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Without college football, 99% wouldn't have the opportunity to get a college degree and any kind og visibility.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

TheDuke wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 am

Without college football, 99% wouldn't have the opportunity to get a college degree and any kind og visibility.
Without the players, there would be no college athletics and no revenue.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

It's a symbiotic relationship where both sides benefit.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:25 am It's a symbiotic relationship where both sides benefit.
Like politicians and Lobbyists? LOL

Irse

Post by Irse »

wyokie wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:32 am
Irse wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:25 am It's a symbiotic relationship where both sides benefit.
In that case, it's two parasites feeding off each other.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:47 am
wyokie wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:32 am
In that case, it's two parasites feeding off each other.
O.K. lousy example.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:03 pm

You will always find players who love the game and will play for the love of the game and to get an education. Walk-one and backups would step in. Why don’t the prima donnas just quit and form their own league? It’s their choice. They are supposed to be student athletes.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

TheDuke wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:01 pm

You will always find players who love the game and will play for the love of the game and to get an education. Walk-one and backups would step in. Why don’t the prima donnas just quit and form their own league? It’s their choice. They are supposed to be student athletes.
I fail to see players not wanting to be taken advantage of as being "prima donnas".

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:09 pm

I fail to see players not wanting to be taken advantage of as being "prima donnas".
So most schools lose money supporting athletics and providing scholarships for a free education and it is ok for prima donna athletes to make financial demands for their opportunity to play for that school. If that is your case, then let the players pay for the opportunity to play college ball and pay for their education. Or they can leave and form their own league.

Irse

Post by Irse »

They can do what Eric Swann did and play semi pro ball and hope they then can get drafted and make an NFL team if they think a college education and COA is not enough.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

TheDuke wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:34 am

So most schools lose money supporting athletics and providing scholarships for a free education and it is ok for prima donna athletes to make financial demands for their opportunity to play for that school. If that is your case, then let the players pay for the opportunity to play college ball and pay for their education. Or they can leave and form their own league.
I think you’re thinking that players demand money from the school, which I agree to a point is a little much. But I’m thinking that they should allow players to use their likeness and “fame” to make money on the side. Is that too much to ask? Also I would argue that schools are losing money cause of over-inflated coaches salaries.

Irse

Post by Irse »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:26 am
TheDuke wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:34 am

I think you’re thinking that players demand money from the school, which I agree to a point is a little much. But I’m thinking that they should allow players to use their likeness and “fame” to make money on the side. Is that too much to ask? Also I would argue that schools are losing money cause of over-inflated coaches salaries.
I thought the NCAA already approved that.
ImageImage