2020 season

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: 2020 season

Post by uhwarriors »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:50 am Expecting sideline insights on pre-season practice from uhwarriors. Interested in the coaching preparation style of the new head coach and staff as well as dominant players or players to look for in the reconfigured season. You do the best job uhwarriors.
Sorry, no reports this year. Campus was locked down, although I could have managed to check out practices. But even if I did, I probably wouldn't post anything relevant. With each new staff and their new schemes, I usually don't post much so as not to give opponents any possible insight as to what the new staff is doing. Anyway I've been way too busy with other things this year and only late last week realized that the first game was coming up. Maybe spring practice.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

uhwarriors wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:45 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:50 am Expecting sideline insights on pre-season practice from uhwarriors. Interested in the coaching preparation style of the new head coach and staff as well as dominant players or players to look for in the reconfigured season. You do the best job uhwarriors.
Sorry, no reports this year. Campus was locked down, although I could have managed to check out practices. But even if I did, I probably wouldn't post anything relevant. With each new staff and their new schemes, I usually don't post much so as not to give opponents any possible insight as to what the new staff is doing. Anyway I've been way too busy with other things this year and only late last week realized that the first game was coming up. Maybe spring practice.
Maybe next year. Your insights are greatly appreciated. Go Bows!

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

ferd lewis:

"Some spots in Bulldog Stadium, however, will have cardboard cutouts that fans will pay $60 apiece to have placed in their seats."

is that something fans would support here? $60 for all home games.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I don’t pay money to not go somewhere that I am not welcome. I would put $60 towards a ticket for a game where a fan would be welcomed and allowed to attend. JMHO.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Solid win...the O is not as exciting as the RnS, but I welcome the change.

The Oline looked so sloppy at times. Their mistakes were addressed by bring in another RB to help with blocking. Tunner, Hunter and BAM BAM provided a solid performance. i was really surprised Vitor and Stovall were non factors. Chevan in one word: Gamer.

That front 7 on D is a big issue and those running lanes were huge. Bethley, Darius are studs. I am not a fan of the 3-4 bc UH can't recruit those athletic and strong DE and those edge rusher OLBs. There is a talent gap and depth gap that will be addressed in coming recruiting classes. Couch Graham was on the D the entire game, so I hope with time he can coach them up and that lessons the defensive issues.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

st808 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:01 am ferd lewis:

"Some spots in Bulldog Stadium, however, will have cardboard cutouts that fans will pay $60 apiece to have placed in their seats."

is that something fans would support here? $60 for all home games.
https://twitter.com/ferdlewis/status/1320252200732405761

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

unpaid wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:04 am I don’t pay money to not go somewhere that I am not welcome. I would put $60 towards a ticket for a game where a fan would be welcomed and allowed to attend. JMHO.
AD Matlin offered $50 for a cut out. How about $50?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:03 pm Solid win...the O is not as exciting as the RnS, but I welcome the change.

The Oline looked so sloppy at times. Their mistakes were addressed by bring in another RB to help with blocking. Tunner, Hunter and BAM BAM provided a solid performance. i was really surprised Vitor and Stovall were non factors. Chevan in one word: Gamer.

That front 7 on D is a big issue and those running lanes were huge. Bethley, Darius are studs. I am not a fan of the 3-4 bc UH can't recruit those athletic and strong DE and those edge rusher OLBs. There is a talent gap and depth gap that will be addressed in coming recruiting classes. Couch Graham was on the D the entire game, so I hope with time he can coach them up and that lessons the defensive issues.
The coaches did make adjustments on D that did contain the run in the second half. Graham put in bigger DEs. Rivers wasn't as effective. The pass rush needs to contain the middle. That's where the QB was scrambling for good yardage.

We still need more speed and a better pass rush from DEs.

CBs played well. Most of the completions were mid routes over the middle. Safety territory.