HT./WT. 6-2 / 320
CLASS Redshirt Sophomore

70 ARASI MOSE
HT./WT. 6-5 / 345
CLASS Redshirt Freshman

78 ERNEST MOORE-
HT./WT. 6-8 / 305
CLASS Redshirt Senior

Hawaii's OL returns 121* career starts (125 if you include ELETISE'S 4 career starts at UA). *(unofficial count).

Nine different players have at least 1 start.

17 OL are on the spring roster with 2 recruits
scheduled to join the team for fall camp.

A trio of players, IM, SV, and TT have nearly 2 seasons of experience with GP and KL having 1 and 1+. The beauty is BW, ME and ET will be pushing the starters for playing time (imo ET* is just as capable at center as TT). * (from watching practices of last seasons fall camp).

Last seasons OL entered the season with 81 returning career starts*. Phil Steele's Blog 6/25/19. With 121 returning starts UH should enter this season near the top of the chart nationally.

Statistically UH allowed allowed 27 sacks in 15 games last season on 635 pass attempts (1 sack allowed in 23.5 pass attempts). The year before 46 sacks allowed in 14 games. Noted: Given the trajectory of the last two season, seeing marked improvement (and having a OL deep in experience) my hypotheses is that if this seasons new OL coach is up to par the unit should continue to improve.

If Graham's mantra holds true of playing discilplined football, being the best conditioned team and running plays that are capable of attacking every inch of the field then I think this would translate in the OL performing at a higher level this season in comparison to last season. If someone told me that KL is going to be in the best shape (and discipline) of his life, I' d venture to say he (and the other OL will knock it out of the park). The OL will be the anchor of this team and if the OC sheds the three legged horse that plagued Rolo's offense last season (a running game that looked so discombobulated at times with the RB running into OL and ugly timing on handoffs) then I would think the OL will perform even better. Especially if the OC adds a sixth OL (or a TE) on short yardage and situational plays. The pieces are there. The heart is healthy. There is good size and experience on the OL, and there is every reason to be optimistic this season. Give C time to pass and even with a challenging schedule UH should have a winning season with this group.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: An Early Season Look Of The OL

Post by Irse »

The OL should be our strength but Tanuvasa is no where near Tuulima at C.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I thought they planned on using Kohl Levao at center last year to hide what was going on behind the line. Also, for a seeming bright guy as a Mechanical Engineering major, Tuulima had an illegal procedure last year at center. I was kind of wondering how a center can get called for illegal procedure since he controls the ball. No doubt, though, I like the looks of the o-line.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

sarvicdar wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:48 pm An Early Season Look Of The OL

OL with career starts

52 SOLO VAIPULU-23
HT./WT. 6-2 / 310
CLASS Junior

58 JOEY NU'UANU-KUHI'IKI-4
HT./WT. 6-3 / 290
CLASS Redshirt Senior

63 TAAGA TUULIMA-27
HT./WT. 6-2 / 290
CLASS Redshirt Senior

67 BUBBA WA'A-2
HT./WT. 6-2 / 295
CLASS Redshirt Freshman

72 KOHL LEVAO-17
HT./WT. 6-6 / 340
CLASS Redshirt Senior

74 GENE PRYOR-14
HT./WT. 6-3 / 305
CLASS Redshirt Senior

75 ILM MANNING-29
HT./WT. 6-4 / 280
CLASS Junior

76 MICHAEL ELETISE-4
HT./WT. 6-4 / 340
CLASS Redshirt Senior

77 ALESANA SUNIA-1
HT./WT. 6-3 / 320
CLASS Redshirt Senior

Key Reserves

55 MICAH VANTERPOOL
HT./WT. 6-6 / 315
CLASS Redshirt Junior

61 ELIKI TANUVASA
HT./WT. 6-2 / 320
CLASS Redshirt Sophomore

70 ARASI MOSE
HT./WT. 6-5 / 345
CLASS Redshirt Freshman

78 ERNEST MOORE-
HT./WT. 6-8 / 305
CLASS Redshirt Senior
The good thing is that there's a lot of experienced OL depth returning for the 2020 season.....but the bad thing is that 7 will be seniors and 3 will be juniors (5 OTs and 5 C/OGs) so will need to recruit & sign a lot of OL for the 2021 Signing Class to re-build OL depth for the 2021 season.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

This is what pff.com had to say about the Warriors, ranking the OL 40th in the FBS.

40. HAWAII WARRIORS
Highest-graded player: OG J.R. Hensley – 72.2 (44th)
Hawaii's offensive line dominated at times this season but then went away at others. Still, each of their starters finished with overall grades above 66.6, but no player graded higher than Hensley at 72.2. They were good but not great, though they did an admirable job of keeping their quarterbacks off the ground by allowing a sack or hit on just 3.95% of their pass-blocking snaps, the 24th-lowest rate in the FBS

https://www.pff.com/news/college-footba ... situations

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

i enjoyed the OL recruiting during the rolo era.the new regime inherited a solid group.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

sarvicdar wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:15 pm This is what pff.com had to say about the Warriors, ranking the OL 40th in the FBS.

40. HAWAII WARRIORS
Hawaii's offensive line dominated at times this season but then went away at others. Still, each of their starters finished with overall grades above 66.6, but no player graded higher than Hensley at 72.2. They were good but not great, though they did an admirable job of keeping their quarterbacks off the ground by allowing a sack or hit on just 3.95% of their pass-blocking snaps, the 24th-lowest rate in the FBS

JR was a good Warrior, good blue collar worker. Hope he succeeds in wherever he goes.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:10 am
sarvicdar wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:15 pm This is what pff.com had to say about the Warriors, ranking the OL 40th in the FBS.

40. HAWAII WARRIORS

JR was a good Warrior, good blue collar worker. Hope he succeeds in wherever he goes.
Everyone ragged on JR for false starts and holding, especially me. But I agree that JR is, and was a Warrior throughout his years at UH, and wish him the best going forward.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.