Phase 3 Goal - LA Bowl

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Phase 3

Post by cabanalane »

I agree being the same situation, with the starting QB and the core WRs gone. I don't think the cupboard is full or nearly full. There is food. That's about it.

Tyler Graunke never got the nod. There is no reason to think Chevan Cordeiro has the job locked down.

If JJ was to stay, no doubt Tyler Graunke would be the starting QB. If Rolo was still here, no doubt Chevan Cordeiro would be the starting QB.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Phase 1.5 bc it's a whole new coaching staff, different schemes on O and D and a rough schedule. Don't be surprised by 4-6 record.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

So far I think the coaches did a nice job recruiting. I think they have the players to be successful. I am just waiting to see what the new staff puts on the field.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

gopunahou wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:26 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 pm Hawaii is in good shape. Thank you McMackin and Rolovich. I can't remember if we have ever had a team culture and talent continued with a newly-hired, proven head coach. My fingers are crossed and I look forward to a most curious transformation of our program.
Didn’t June leave the cupboard nearly full? IIRC, we were top 25 candidates entering 2008.
All the good linemen, running backs, and quarterbacks were gone after June Jones left. I think we had Greg Salas remaining at wide receiver. You're right though, and thank you June Jones too.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:44 am
gopunahou wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:26 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 pm Hawaii is in good shape. Thank you McMackin and Rolovich. I can't remember if we have ever had a team culture and talent continued with a newly-hired, proven head coach. My fingers are crossed and I look forward to a most curious transformation of our program.
Didn’t June leave the cupboard nearly full? IIRC, we were top 25 candidates entering 2008.
All the good linemen, running backs, and quarterbacks were gone after June Jones left. I think we had Greg Salas remaining at wide receiver. You're right though, and thank you June Jones too.
I can’t remember exactly, but I think most of the 2007 O-Line returned in 2008. All 2007 running backs returned with Pilares, Farmer, Leon Wright Jackson and Daniel Libre. Graunke, Funaki and Shane Austin returned. So the only group on the offensive side that took a hit was the receiving core. The 2008 group was Salas and Malcom Lane on the outside with Michael Washington and Aaron Bain in the slots.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

It was the 2006 O-line I missed the most. As for running backs, Pilares switched to slot, Farmer never made an impact as a running back...Libre and Jackson...meh. The starting quarterback in 2008 was Greg Alexander. What does that tell you? Steele Jantz, a freshman in 2008, left to start at Iowa State. What was the story with Graunke? He would have been a good one.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:05 am It was the 2006 O-line I missed the most. As for running backs, Pilares switched to slot, Farmer never made an impact as a running back...Libre and Jackson...meh. The starting quarterback in 2008 was Greg Alexander. What does that tell you? Steele Jantz, a freshman in 2008, left to start at Iowa State. What was the story with Graunke? He would have been a good one.
Not sure if it was grades or something else.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Phase 3 Goal - LA Bowl

Post by BigWave96744 »

New LA Bowl will pit Mountain West champ vs Pac-12's No. 5
ByJACKSON MOORE

The bowl replaces the Mountain West's previous championship destination of the Las Vegas Bowl. The Pac-12 moves forward with the Las Vegas Bowl's new home at Allegiant Stadium, which will now feature a matchup versus a Big Ten or SEC opponent.

The LA Bowl will be played in the brand new SoFi Stadium, the new NFL home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers[/quote]
Read the entire story at
https://247sports.com/college/fresno-st ... 144301937/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Phase 3 Goal - LA Bowl

Post by shrek2 »

I like LA a lot better than LV for a bowl.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I always consider Hawaii Bowl to be the extra game in the season. It's more meaningful to be invited to a (mainland) Bowl. Someone wants Hawaii, and think Hawaii deserve (earned) the invite.

So LA, LV, anything on the mainland.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:25 am I always consider Hawaii Bowl to be the extra game in the season. It's more meaningful to be invited to a (mainland) Bowl. Someone wants Hawaii, and think Hawaii deserve (earned) the invite.

So LA, LV, anything on the mainland.
Of the MWC tie in bowl games, I wouldn’t wanna go to the Potato Bowl, the New Mexico Bowl or the Frisco Bowl. I’d much rather just stay home and play in the Hawaii Bowl.

If we were to play a mainland bowl game I would only go for a CFB Bowl, a NY 6 Bowl, the LA Bowl, the Arizona Bowl or the Cheez It Bowl since the MWC is an alternate.

Bleed_Green
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Bleed_Green »

I would rather them stay at home and play in the Hawaii bowl outside of a group of 5 at large bowl invite or CFP birth.

Having a potential match up against a 5th place Rolovich Wazzu team isn't worth it.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

the Hawaii Bowl is the most important. Without it Hawaii fans wouldn't get to go to any bowl game most seasons.