break out player 2020

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: break out player 2020

Post by J-Rod »

DL was starting to get bossed by season's end. In the moments La'ulu played, it was a little surprising he wasn't being utilized earlier. The speed and quickness to rush the passer, and the ability to stop the run. In recent years, UH has been thin on DL with both skills.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

J-Rod wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:15 am DL was starting to get bossed by season's end. In the moments La'ulu played, it was a little surprising he wasn't being utilized earlier. The speed and quickness to rush the passer, and the ability to stop the run. In recent years, UH has been thin on DL with both skills.
+1.
andrew choi was flashing late in the season too.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:15 am DL was starting to get bossed by season's end. In the moments La'ulu played, it was a little surprising he wasn't being utilized earlier. The speed and quickness to rush the passer, and the ability to stop the run. In recent years, UH has been thin on DL with both skills.
JJ used to say that you really don’t know what that player can do until you get some game tape on him. Now that the coaches have tape on him let’s see what happens. I do think that we need to improve our team speed.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I thimk the player that had his wings clipped, resigned to being caged, from his past indiscretions would want to break out from his past molds and have something to prove this upcoming season. I'm referring to MS. This is it for him. How he writes his script is totally up to him. I say he makes use of this last oppportunity and performs like a man that's been knocked down, and wanting to come back ( break out) with a vengeance.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

On offense my breakout player is WR Mekel Ealy. He has good size (6-3, 180), speed (10.9) and hands. He was on the play vs. RS bubble last year. I'm also hoping WR Nick Mardner will use his big catches in the Hawaii Bowl as a springboard this year.

On defense my breakout player is DE Jonah Laulu. He has great size (6-5, 280) and athleticism. While he played in every game last year, but most of it came on special teams. He was just getting into the DE rotation late in the season and started to make some plays. Another player I'm hoping for big things from is DE Mason Mataafa. He needs to stay healthy.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

logan taylor is my newcomer pick.sure tackler with great instincts.deceptively quick.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

uhwarriors wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:23 pm On offense my breakout player is WR Mekel Ealy. He has good size (6-3, 180), speed (10.9) and hands. He was on the play vs. RS bubble last year. I'm also hoping WR Nick Mardner will use his big catches in the Hawaii Bowl as a springboard this year.

On defense my breakout player is DE Jonah Laulu. He has great size (6-5, 280) and athleticism. While he played in every game last year, but most of it came on special teams. He was just getting into the DE rotation late in the season and started to make some plays. Another player I'm hoping for big things from is DE Mason Mataafa. He needs to stay healthy.
I like your insights. Did not know Ealy had good hands. Mardner was used more last year but I notice that he like to get the ball in his body. On defense, I liked Darius Muasau in his pursuit of the ball carrier. Kind of wonder how Penei Pavihi will bounce back from his injury as he was touted as the one to watch last year. I would really like to see a quarterback come in with no drop-off in case of injury to #1.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I'm hoping Doug Russell will be a breakout player.
ImageImage

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

sarvicdar wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:29 am I thimk the player that had his wings clipped, resigned to being caged, from his past indiscretions would want to break out from his past molds and have something to prove this upcoming season. I'm referring to MS. This is it for him. How he writes his script is totally up to him. I say he makes use of this last oppportunity and performs like a man that's been knocked down, and wanting to come back ( break out) with a vengeance.
+1

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Another player I think will have a breakthrough year if he can stay healthy is Noa we all seen what he can do when he is healthy. He is a sr. This year so I just hope he is able to stay healthy the entire year.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

stovall may be the one.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

i got more.