TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New Hire - G.J. Kinne - Offense Coordinator/QB Coach

Post by TheDuke »

Irse wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:54 am
TheDuke wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:44 am
Irse wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:31 am

Considering that none of the coaches have a history with the RnS, I doubt much of that will be run. It looks to be a 4 wide offense since we have no TEs and did not recruit any. Can't be two backs because we only have three on the roster. So will probably be a hybrid AIr Raid/RnS with very little RnS.
The returning receivers and the QBs all have experience and can execute the R&S. The new OC just needs to spend time with them and know when to call an R&S play. Calling a R&S play won't be an issue. Smart coaches take advantage of what works and can be executed. Young OCs that love football will get it and use it to their advantage. And they can build their schemes and what works for them around it. My gut sya that this is a smart, hard working, young OC and as QB he knows how to win.
The offense is a lot more complicated than that. Even after being in the system for a few years, WR and QBs in JJ's system were still doing it wrong. Sometimes they started running off the wrong foot or made their cuts off the wrong foot. Or made the wrong reads. And it's not only the QB and receivers but the blocking schemes too.
I get it. I've followed the R&S for a long time/ Most of the returning receivers have had two years with it. Cordeiro and those that get it can execute. Smart coaches will incorporate what they can.