Abe Elimimian has been retained

Post by shoichikun808 »

https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1220885325192429569

Bleed_Green
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Abe Elimimian has been retained

Post by Bleed_Green »

That is awesome!!!! Only waiting on Batoon!!!! I think he and Graham could cook up a great defense together.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Bleed_Green wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:59 pm That is awesome!!!! Only waiting on Batoon!!!! I think he and Graham could cook up a great defense together.
This is one I was really hoping for. \:D/ Now if he could only get Stuz to come back as OC.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Awesome.
ImageImage

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

bring them all back.it's the right thing to do.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

Awesome

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Awesome job coach first Yoro now Abe :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: way to keep the continuity going hope Batoon is next

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I like the fact that he seemed like the only one recruiting after Rolo's departure. Reel 'em in Abe. Get that OLB from LBCC.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:21 pm Abe bleeds GREEN!
Glad that Graham recognized Abe for his hard work & dedication to the UH program....and also the coaching & recruiting value that Abe brings to the program. What Graham about Abe is all true.....that he loves our players, our program, and of the University of Hawai'i.

Abe will also maintain the UH"s recruiting connections to SoCal (South Bay, Long Beach, OC, etc.)…..as well as Texas (from his 2-year GA stint under JJ at SMU).

https://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/foot ... dd-graham/
https://twitter.com/hawaiiwworld/status/1220894897663700992

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I think all these assistant coaches that are retained will learn a lot from Todd Graham and hopefully pick up on his intensity. I love that man's intensity. Win baby win.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Abe is being a George lumpkin. 3 different head coaches at UH

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:57 pm I like the fact that he seemed like the only one recruiting after Rolo's departure. Reel 'em in Abe. Get that OLB from LBCC.
They are down to 4 coaches, not all can be on the road recruiting. I'm sure the others are doing things necessary to keep the program afloat during the period we were looking for a new coach. It was just unfortunate that Rolo bolting happened so late after the season. Hope Graham hires the rest of his staff soon so Abe can get help with the recruiting. I don't see us filling up our remaining slots this recruiting period. I think he'll look for some transfers, maybe after spring practice so he sees what he likes and doesn't.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:44 am
shrek2 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:57 pm I like the fact that he seemed like the only one recruiting after Rolo's departure. Reel 'em in Abe. Get that OLB from LBCC.
They are down to 4 coaches, not all can be on the road recruiting. I'm sure the others are doing things necessary to keep the program afloat during the period we were looking for a new coach. It was just unfortunate that Rolo bolting happened so late after the season. Hope Graham hires the rest of his staff soon so Abe can get help with the recruiting. I don't see us filling up our remaining slots this recruiting period. I think he'll look for some transfers, maybe after spring practice so he sees what he likes and doesn't.
I really feel like Graham is a high energy guy that's looking for the same or will find people that are trainable. I don't know who on the staff has that kind of energy that's left. I love his intensity. Hope it translates to the field.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Smart man keeping Abe on staff. Good for Abe who will learn a lot.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:57 am I really feel like Graham is a high energy guy that's looking for the same or will find people that are trainable. I don't know who on the staff has that kind of energy that's left. I love his intensity. Hope it translates to the field.
When he's on-the-field, Batoon is as intense a defensive coach as has ever coached at UH.....very detailed and all business....though maybe not a high-energy guy.

I think that intensity....is a more desirable trait for a defensive assistant coach.....not so much for an offensive coach. Also being high-energy....in and of itself....without substance....can be an overrated trait for an assistant.

In his first season as UH HC (back in 2012), Chow brought in some new "high-energy" assistants (DeMarest, Rauscher, Wiesehan) who screamed & yelled a lot at practices....often at players to purposely intimidate them.....thereby creating chaos....which obviously didn't work out (even for Chow)....since these same "high-energy" assistants all departed UH before Chow's 4th & last season (back in 2015). Meanwhile, no one would ever label former UH DL assistant coach Lewis Powell (under Chow) as being a high-energy guy....but he was one of Chow's best assistants and top recruiters for UH at that time.....now having just completed his 4th year as DL Coach for Utah Utes.