Coach Graham: One request

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Coach Graham: One request

Post by EITSwarrior »

Please don’t change up the helmet and uniforms.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Coach Graham: One request

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:08 pm Please don’t change up the helmet and uniforms.
Rain ............................ Bows! :D

Bleed_Green
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Bleed_Green »

Honestly, I loved the white helmets with the tapa H.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Bleed_Green wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:19 pm Honestly, I loved the white helmets with the tapa H.
I love all of it. Main thing we stay modern. June Jones and company invested a lot in marketing.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Bleed_Green wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:19 pm Honestly, I loved the white helmets with the tapa H.
THANK YOU!!! the white helmets are my favorite! I thought I was the only one who felt that way...

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

My request: Keep coach Batoon. the defense has been steadily improving and I want to see what he can do with another year.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

poidog wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:31 pm
THANK YOU!!! the white helmets are my favorite! I thought I was the only one who felt that way...
They were fine, but only went well with the prior away uniforms. Now if we got white pants to go with the away uniforms then I’d be fine with a whit helmet. But seeing as UH is tight with money and seem to be keen on keeping one helmet I’d would rather we keep the black helmet.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:42 pm
They were fine, but only went well with the prior away uniforms. Now if we got white pants to go with the away uniforms then I’d be fine with a whit helmet. But seeing as UH is tight with money and seem to be keen on keeping one helmet I’d would rather we keep the black helmet.
The black helmets are good, too, and are probably the best ones we've had. I just have a soft spot for the white ones, which I think were very underrated.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

poidog wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:51 pm

The black helmets are good, too, and are probably the best ones we've had. I just have a soft spot for the white ones, which I think were very underrated.
I thought the whites were nice and I wish we could have multiple helmets. BTW I think our best helmets were the metallic dark green helmets of Rolo, Chang, Colt and Moniz.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:54 pm
poidog wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:51 pm
They were fine, but only went well with the prior away uniforms. Now if we got white pants to go with the away uniforms then I’d be fine with a white helmet. But seeing as UH is tight with money and seem to be keen on keeping one helmet I’d would rather we keep the black helmet.
I thought the whites were nice and I wish we could have multiple helmets. BTW I think our best helmets were the metallic dark green helmets of Rolo, Chang, Colt and Moniz.
Might pony up some $$$ if you want multiple color/style helmets....'cuz UH's current athletic budget just doesn't allow the program to purchase multiple color/style helmets....which is why Na Koa solicited boosters to donate $450 for each new helmet back before the 2017 season when the helmets were changed from White to Black (matte).
http://www.nakoa.org/wp-content/uploads ... _flyer.pdf

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

If he wins games, no one will care about the Helmets, Uniforms, Mascot, cute twitter hashtag or costume at media day.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:11 pm If he wins games, no one will care about the Helmets, Uniforms, Mascot, cute twitter hashtag or costume at media day.
With only 2 returning head coaches (Brennan/San Jose State & Norvell/Nevada), the MWC West Division competition will be wide open and unpredictable.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:11 pm If he wins games, no one will care about the Helmets, Uniforms, Mascot, cute twitter hashtag or costume at media day.
Not true. We have nice helmets and there is nothing wrong with caring about that.

But the costumes and media day stunts? I think those were getting kinda tired and they didn't really resonate with the fans all that much. I'm fine to see those things go away.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I love the Silver, but it keep reminding me of the Sugarbowl.

One plug for the flat green with the H logo.

But I say wait a year. If Phase 1 is awesome, then he should choose the helmet of his era.

Bleed_Green

Post by Bleed_Green »

If we do end up getting more than 1 helmet type in the future, I am a fan of color rush schemes. All black for home, all white for away. Find in a new trim design for green on both uniforms, because under armour sucks when it comes to designing UH's uniforms.

I wouldn't mind an all green home uniform too if they did away with the black.