Coach Graham: One request

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Coach Graham: One request

Post by UnBiasFan »

Bleed_Green wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:08 am If we do end up getting more than 1 helmet type in the future, I am a fan of color rush schemes. All black for home, all white for away. Find in a new trim design for green on both uniforms, because under armour sucks when it comes to designing UH's uniforms.

I wouldn't mind an all green home uniform too if they did away with the black.
This is a good color scheme:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I like more green too. That black look was mean back in Y2K. But it has been overplayed as more teams are moving with more colors. Kids like colors and how it looks on them. I would not be surprise to see neon colors.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:45 pm I like more green too. That black look was mean back in Y2K. But it has been overplayed as more teams are moving with more colors. Kids like colors and how it looks on them. I would not be surprise to see neon colors.
No no no to neon colors. For uniforms I always go by K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid). Our current uniform set is great as is. Could I do with green and white pants and helmet colors to go along with the black to increase the combinations we can do, yes. Can UH afford it, probably not. The most flamboyant I want our uniforms to be is the 2008-2010 uniforms. Anything more than that was ugly and trying too hard.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:13 pm
cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:45 pm I like more green too. That black look was mean back in Y2K. But it has been overplayed as more teams are moving with more colors. Kids like colors and how it looks on them. I would not be surprise to see neon colors.
No no no to neon colors. For uniforms I always go by K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid). Our current uniform set is great as is. Could I do with green and white pants and helmet colors to go along with the black to increase the combinations we can do, yes. Can UH afford it, probably not. The most flamboyant I want our uniforms to be is the 2008-2010 uniforms. Anything more than that was ugly and trying too hard.
Maybe we could afford it as coach said he will be heavily into fundraising as well, so get chance?

If can, can, if no can, you know still can lol

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If anything, Coach Graham would not be able to impact any new uniform until his second season and have to continue with what's currently in-house or already in the pipeline. These things take a lot of time on the design, approval and manufacturing sides.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

No?

Bleed_Green
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Bleed_Green »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:15 pm
No?

Personally it's subjective. Neon colors wouldn't make sense historically. If we were to be bold, i believe we were Green jerseys with gold helmets and gold pants when we were the Fighting Deans?

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

My request would be: Be an act like a general. Have players and fans look up to you, respect you and support the team. Look the part, and carry yourself with dignity. Don't have bad cues or quirks, like the last one had. If everything falls in place there should be a good bonding between players and fans.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:15 pm
No?

I don’t want us to try and copy Oregon with regards to the flashiness of their uniforms.

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Request: Don't Disney+ the slogans!

No more "phase 3" or Pumba rock or let it go or other cringy ideas

Just win with hard work and smarts!

No magical thinking: Hawaii ties, Nostalgia, June Jones

stranger_808

Post by stranger_808 »

Don't mess with the uniforms and helmet, it's fine.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I agree with that 100% because money is tight. HC's contract cost more, new stadium, etc.

But kids like color. It matters how they look in the uniforms. I didn't make this us. There was something written about that, where the color of the uniform does matter, and how they look in it.

So, the all black look was and still is in. Safe color and can't go wrong. Everyone wants to look "mean."

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Basketball team already did that in the early ‘90s.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Diamonded1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Diamonded1 »

Coach Graham please help the University of Hawaii get over a big roadblock in the wac then Mw . The Boise State roadblock . Coach Jones only beat Boise State once and Coach Rolo never came close to beating Boise State .