Former UH coaches run and shoot vs opponents

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Diamonded1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Former UH coaches run and shoot vs opponents

Post by Diamonded1 »

My observation is one way to stop the run and shoot is to play receivers very physical at the line , slow down their routes ,clog the running game and rush the passer . Georgia , Boise State , Michigan, Washington , and San Diego St had Hawaii’s number . Coach Peterson played Hawaii many times before so he had Hawaii’s number so did Current Boise State . Teams with good fast defenses stop Hawaii’s run and shoot . It will be a big challenge for coach Rolo playing a Pac 12 schedule . He’s now playing with the big boys and every week will be a challenge for him . He will more highly rated players to work with but so will the Washington, Oregon , USC, UCLA , Utah , Stanford , Cal , Arizona St and the rest of the Pac12. At Hawaii occasionally he played the big boys but not majority of the time . Coach June Jones was very successful in his first two years at SMU until the rest of his conference figured out it scheme .

stranger_808
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Former UH coaches run and shoot vs opponents

Post by stranger_808 »

Rolo's lucky WSU's out of conference schedule is mainly with G5 teams, that gives him at least 2-3 wins a year right off the bat. I was never impressed with his offensive game plan/strategy— we lacked creativity big time! Rarely stretched the field horizontally, rarely used the RB on flat routes, wheel routes, rarely ran sweeps etc...I want to see how WSU fans and media react to Rolo's game management and questionable decisions. The one thing in Rolo's favor, the Pac-12 is not the conference it once was, they're the weakest of the P5 conferences (IMO), they don't have the coaches they once did. I see 3-4 wins his first season, and between 4-7 wins each year the rest of the way. A .500 HC in the Pac-12.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.

Diamonded1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Diamonded1 »

I agree ! You can add zero halftime adjustments. Most of the other teams adjust but not UH. June
Jones and Tome teams made adjustments at halftime . Also another person wrote $3 million a year = .500 team the WSU fans , Alumni , Press will not be happy . That same person wrote failed 4th attempts costing his team they will not be happy about that too . 8-5 and 6-7 got both Washington coaches gone . I’m sure both Washington coaches was getting a lot of heat for this year’s performances and underachieving teams .

stranger_808

Post by stranger_808 »

Diamonded1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:32 am I agree ! You can add zero halftime adjustments. Most of the other teams adjust but not UH. June
Jones and Tome teams made adjustments at halftime . Also another person wrote $3 million a year = .500 team the WSU fans , Alumni , Press will not be happy . That same person wrote failed 4th attempts costing his team they will not be happy about that too . 8-5 and 6-7 got both Washington coaches gone . I’m sure both Washington coaches was getting a lot of heat for this year’s performances and underachieving teams .
Yup. The press up there in the Pac-12 is tougher, our press in Hawaii's tame, very tame. I'm talking about radio, TV, and the newspaper. The only time anyone at SA newspaper got riled up was when their photographer was allegedly assaulted by coach Rolo. Now, when I say our press is tame, it's not a bad thing. Tame in my world means, FAIR. They don't go sideways in conspiracy theories regarding our football program/coaches. They give a fair chance (overly fair) to the UH football coaches and are critical (in a nice way) when it becomes obvious there's a problem i.e. Norm Chow. The press in big time football, with big time money involved WILL nit pick and harshly criticize every Rolo 4th and 1 on your own 30. Every "go for it" instead of taking the FG. If Rolo plays "dress-up" and losses games...watch-out! :D

*Not hating on Rolo, I appreciate what he and his staff did for our football program. I'm just being real about it.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

stranger_808 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:02 pm
Diamonded1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:32 am I agree ! You can add zero halftime adjustments. Most of the other teams adjust but not UH. June
Yup. The press up there in the Pac-12 is tougher, our press in Hawaii's tame, very tame. I'm talking about radio, TV, and the newspaper. The only time anyone at SA newspaper got riled up was when their photographer was allegedly assaulted by coach Rolo. Now, when I say our press is tame, it's not a bad thing. Tame in my world means, FAIR. They don't go sideways in conspiracy theories regarding our football program/coaches. They give a fair chance (overly fair) to the UH football coaches and are critical (in a nice way) when it becomes obvious there's a problem i.e. Norm Chow. The press in big time football, with big time money involved WILL nit pick and harshly criticize every Rolo 4th and 1 on your own 30. Every "go for it" instead of taking the FG. If Rolo plays "dress-up" and losses games...watch-out! :D

*Not hating on Rolo, I appreciate what he and his staff did for our football program. I'm just being real about it.
I gathered as much from the press conference. The questions from the peanut gallery were pointed and not as friendly except for Samuel Adams. It's now a matter of whether Rolo will rise to the expectations of the majority of the fans but there will still be some doubters in the press which is a quess on my part because that's what sells.