Marcus Mariota Has Endorsed Stutzmann for HC

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Marcus Mariota Has Endorsed Stutzmann for HC

Post by shoichikun808 »

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/01/ ... ead-coach/

States Matlin had “communications” with Marcus. And that Marcus endorsed Stutz for the position.

imo it likely means that this is part of the vetting process Matlin spoke about with applications in advance of interviews. Which means Stutz name may have been seen in an application. At least I hope it is...
Last edited by shoichikun808 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Marcus Mariota Has Endorsed Stutzmann for HC

Post by jhb3043 »

I'm 100% for Stutz! We need to keep our Offense going with the Run&Shoot :zook:

stranger_808
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Marcus Mariota Backs Stutzman for HC

Post by stranger_808 »

That's interesting, thanks for the post. I understand they both went to St Louis and the Crusader boys gonna support their guys, but I like the part where they study game film together, that says a lot to me. Stutz a OC and coach of X and O's. Some coaches just learn terminology, but don't understand the intricacies of an offense, Stutz understands it, or at least studies it, and could be an innovator if given the reigns.

I'm sticking with my preference, coach Smith as HC and Stutz as OC. If not Smith, then Stutz is ok by me for HC. Third pick would be Miano, if he keeps the offensive system. I don't know enough about coach Banker to say anything about him.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Not sure why Marcus Mariota's comments have any weight with Matlin, or why Matlin would even consult with MM. Is Matlin checking in with Colt Brennan too? Perhaps check with John Hao?

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:24 am Not sure why Marcus Mariota's comments have any weight with Matlin, or why Matlin would even consult with MM. Is Matlin checking in with Colt Brennan too? Perhaps check with John Hao?
Matlin said during his interview with Bobby that he is going to be doing vetting alongside applications coming in to speed up the process. This could be part of the vetting process he talked about.

It could mean that Matlin sent an email (communication) to Marcus to do some vetting for Stutz and that was the conversation that resulted. Could also mean that Marcus got in contact to Matlin and wanted to voice his opinion on who should be HC.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:24 am Not sure why Marcus Mariota's comments have any weight with Matlin, or why Matlin would even consult with MM. Is Matlin checking in with Colt Brennan too? Perhaps check with John Hao?
Matlin should get feedback from anyone that he can. Who and the character of the who (especially a person like Marcus) makes a difference in assessing who your next hire is. People with character don't endorse another person lightly.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Matlin is doing this without a selection committee so it makes sense for him to reach out to others regarding personal references, to include those from outside his organization.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger_808

Post by stranger_808 »

Marcus supports the UH, he knows Stutz. Money=power and influence. It doesn't hurt to ask around to get a feel what people with deep pockets think.

stranger_808

Post by stranger_808 »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:59 am Matlin is doing this without a selection committee so it makes sense for him to reach out to others regarding personal references, to include those from outside his organization.
I hated those selection committees made up of people that know absolutely nothing about football. I gotta trust AD Matlin, he's made great coaching picks so far.

stranger_808

Post by stranger_808 »

TheDuke wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:30 am
Matlin should get feedback from anyone that he can. Who and the character of the who (especially a person like Marcus) makes a difference in assessing who your next hire is. People with character don't endorse another person lightly.
Agree!