Smith, Stutzmann and Cvercko Attending WSU Rolovich Press Conference

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Smith, Stutzmann and Cvercko Attending WSU Rolovich Press Conference

Post by cabanalane »

This is a discussion forum, so I will speculate.

It just feels strange on how Rolo (and company) left UH. I will go back to Dick Tomey. There was an official UH press conference. He said his good byes. No one held it against him to move on to the bigger stage, more money, etc.

We actually don't blame Rolo for leaving too. But there just seems to be "strange" on how he left - snuck out, whatever words you want to use. Ok, so there was a statement announcement from the AD. Wait, no one had the courtesy to set up something more formal? One text, one phone call, and the news guys would all be there. Ok, Rolo need to get started at WSU, so they were on a private charter jet. I'm sure the private charter jet can fly back to Honolulu just as fast. And Rolo's crew is leaving too - as we fans keep thinking Stutz or Smith (as the next HC)

I wonder if there's something going on?

I don't know Rolo from any of you. I'll say that if Kenny Niumatalolo want his son to learn from Rolo, because of the man he is, there's got to be something. Hawaii means a lot to Rolo, he does not just pack up and leave like that. Or did he even pack? Or someone is packing up Rolo's office for him, and Rolo has left Hawaii for good. For a guy that (I think) has the spirit of the aina in his core, I find the way he left kind of strange. Like there's something else going on? Something that pissed Rolo off. Of course, Rolo is not going to spill the dirt.. and keep it "classy" the best he can.

Rolo left like a man that's angry.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:41 am This is a discussion forum, so I will speculate.

It just feels strange on how Rolo (and company) left UH. I will go back to Dick Tomey. There was an official UH press conference. He said his good byes. No one held it against him to move on to the bigger stage, more money, etc.

We actually don't blame Rolo for leaving too. But there just seems to be "strange" on how he left - snuck out, whatever words you want to use. Ok, so there was a statement announcement from the AD. Wait, no one had the courtesy to set up something more formal? One text, one phone call, and the news guys would all be there. Ok, Rolo need to get started at WSU, so they were on a private charter jet. I'm sure the private charter jet can fly back to Honolulu just as fast. And Rolo's crew is leaving too - as we fans keep thinking Stutz or Smith (as the next HC)

I wonder if there's something going on?

I don't know Rolo from any of you. I'll say that if Kenny Niumatalolo want his son to learn from Rolo, because of the man he is, there's got to be something. Hawaii means a lot to Rolo, he does not just pack up and leave like that. Or did he even pack? Or someone is packing up Rolo's office for him, and Rolo has left Hawaii for good. For a guy that (I think) has the spirit of the aina in his core, I find the way he left kind of strange. Like there's something else going on? Something that pissed Rolo off. Of course, Rolo is not going to spill the dirt.. and keep it "classy" the best he can.

Rolo left like a man that's angry.
Not sure about any of what you said, but things are done a lot more different than when Tomey left. That was like 40+ years ago. Can't remember another school that had a press conference when the coach left.
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Programs only have press conference nowadays when a coach "is released", "resigns" or "retires".

There were press conferences when Wags got "released" as well as when Mack "resigned"....but not when JJ left.