2020 Receivers

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
johnny
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

2020 Receivers

Post by johnny »

Although Ward, Sharsh and Byrd are leaving the program ; I think the second crop of receivers will be up for the challenge. Smart will be returning for his senior year. Victor is a stud in the making. Mardner is going to be special ( 6 ft 5in ) The JC transfer from Jacksonville has talent to play anywhere. Wish we could have 2 years instead of just one but he is eligible for a redshirt. Ihu and Johnson show a lot of promise since they have been in the system for several years now. Hopefully, some of the WR freshmen will be ready after one year learning the system. We are going to need 4 - 5 receivers since the 2020 schedule include Arizona , UCLA and Oregon from the Pac 12 conference. Worst case senario is a bowl game since I feel we have enough talent to be over .500 . We get both Nevada teams at home but the road games will be a challenge. looking forward to seeing another 10 wins season in 2020.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: 2020 Receivers

Post by Irse »

johnny wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:38 pm Although Ward, Sharsh and Byrd are leaving the program ; I think the second crop of receivers will be up for the challenge. Smart will be returning for his senior year. Victor is a stud in the making. Mardner is going to be special ( 6 ft 5in ) The JC transfer from Jacksonville has talent to play anywhere. Wish we could have 2 years instead of just one but he is eligible for a redshirt. Ihu and Johnson show a lot of promise since they have been in the system for several years now. Hopefully, some of the WR freshmen will be ready after one year learning the system. We are going to need 4 - 5 receivers since the 2020 schedule include Arizona , UCLA and Oregon from the Pac 12 conference. Worst case senario is a bowl game since I feel we have enough talent to be over .500 . We get both Nevada teams at home but the road games will be a challenge. looking forward to seeing another 10 wins season in 2020.
Johnson is transferring. But I agree, he receivers are going to be good. Watch out for Ealy.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Go for guys who played this year:
Still got Kumoku Noa for 1 more year
Jonah Panoke, Robert Funkhouser for 3 more years
Also James Phillips only played 4 games this year so has 3 more years at the slot

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Anybody been to practice? Wondering what happened to Kumoku Noa this year? He played a little mid-season and he never played since. Was this due to injury or lack of production? Looks like Lincoln Victor took his spot in the rotation. Ealy is an interesting mention because I believe part of his playing days he must have been with Najee Harris of Alabama.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Jonah Panoke played only 3 games (including the Hawaii Bowl game) so still redshirted this season and will be redshirt frosh for the 2020 season.

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:22 pm Go for guys who played this year:
Still got Kumoku Noa for 1 more year
Jonah Panoke, Robert Funkhouser for 3 more years
Also James Phillips only played 4 games this year so has 3 more years at the slot
Panoke has 4 more years.
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:48 pm Anybody been to practice? Wondering what happened to Kumoku Noa this year? He played a little mid-season and he never played since. Was this due to injury or lack of production? Looks like Lincoln Victor took his spot in the rotation. Ealy is an interesting mention because I believe part of his playing days he must have been with Najee Harris of Alabama.
Noa has injuries.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:33 pm
shrek2 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:48 pm Anybody been to practice? Wondering what happened to Kumoku Noa this year? He played a little mid-season and he never played since. Was this due to injury or lack of production? Looks like Lincoln Victor took his spot in the rotation. Ealy is an interesting mention because I believe part of his playing days he must have been with Najee Harris of Alabama.
Noa has injuries.
Thanks. That's what I thought because he looked productive while he was in there.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Thanks Irse & Kapakahi, forgot that Jonah grayshirted

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:14 pm
johnny wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:38 pm Although Ward, Sharsh and Byrd are leaving the program ; I think the second crop of receivers will be up for the challenge. Smart will be returning for his senior year. Victor is a stud in the making. Mardner is going to be special ( 6 ft 5in ) The JC transfer from Jacksonville has talent to play anywhere. Wish we could have 2 years instead of just one but he is eligible for a redshirt. Ihu and Johnson show a lot of promise since they have been in the system for several years now. Hopefully, some of the WR freshmen will be ready after one year learning the system. We are going to need 4 - 5 receivers since the 2020 schedule include Arizona , UCLA and Oregon from the Pac 12 conference. Worst case senario is a bowl game since I feel we have enough talent to be over .500 . We get both Nevada teams at home but the road games will be a challenge. looking forward to seeing another 10 wins season in 2020.
Johnson is transferring. But I agree, he receivers are going to be good. Watch out for Ealy.

Ealy has the potential to be a really good WR. Based on what I saw at early practices during summer camp, Ealy was impressive. But he was behind in learning the offense. I think he'll really benefit from spring practice and vie for playing time next year.

johnny
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by johnny »

That JC transfer is Calvin Turner from Jacksonville University which dropped football. At 6 ft 1 inch I can understand why Rolo wants to see him as a receiver. This guy has athletic talent and could be our Swiss Army Knife.

johnny
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by johnny »

That JC transfer is Calvin Turner from Jacksonville University which dropped football. At 6 ft 1 inch I can understand why Rolo wants to see him as a receiver. This guy has athletic talent and could be our Swiss Army Knife.

Cashflow16
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Cashflow16 »

Who knows? There may be some surprises come the start of the season. I think there maybe 1 or 2 breakout WR/Slots that are incoming. Should be an exciting year with roles at the reciever positions to be battled for during spring and fall camp.

Cashflow16
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Cashflow16 »

Who's the biggest unexpected impact reciever in 2020?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Cashflow16 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:30 pm Who's the biggest unexpected impact reciever in 2020?
I'd have to say that Jared Smart is the guy with the most game experience but I think Nick Mardner may be a great to go receiver on third down; a possession receiver as well as a deep threat. I think that Lincoln Victor will get lots of tough YAC. I don't think he'll go down easily. What might be interesting is who will return punts.