QB/Ath Calvin Turner Signs

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: QB/Ath Calvin Turner Signs

Post by kapakahi »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:33 am :thumbup:
BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:45 pm Mahalo to whoever was on Rolo's past staff for offering Turner last year. To think his career could have been over after JU folded
:thumbup:
Thanks to Mark Banker....who recruited both Calvin Turner Jr. & Dae Dae Hunter.....as well as Micah Soliai-Howlett.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I hope to see more of that pass to our runningback sneaking out to the vacated middle of the field. That quick pass to Turner was a play I have been wanting to see for a long time. Chevan to Calvin.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

johnny
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by johnny »

With a short season of only 8 games it makes perfect sense to redshirt Turner for this year. Let him play in our tough games (Boise, SDSU ) and save this talent for next year. We get the best of both worlds since he can play 4 games and still be available next year. I am sure Todd Graham is looking forward to have this guy back next year. Swiss army knives are hard to find and should be used only when necessary this year.

AZWARRIOR22
Starter
Starter

Post by AZWARRIOR22 »

There is no need to redshirt this year because the NCAA are not counting this Covid year against their eligibility...it's a freebie.