Post game thoughts vs Boise state!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Post game thoughts vs Boise state!!!

Post by EITSwarrior »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:09 am
wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Didn’t we win with the change in QB? Isn’t that the goal? To win the game?
Only a short term fix. Won’t help in the long term and that came to fruition in the championship game.
Disagree. Winning games is not a short term fix. It helps improve recruiting, which helps improves our team quality and depth over time. It raises team and fan base morale, brings more fans to the game and it helps develop talented QB's like Chevan and keeps them on our roster. (Along with our other young QB back ups.) It helps prepares them if our starting QB gets injured, (an issue that you seem obsessively paranoid about, but it happens.)

Boise State beat us with their back up QB, as did Wyoming and Utah State in recent years, (and some were Freshman QB's). Without exposure to playing time, Hawaii's QB back ups would not be prepared for game time speed. Another factor, is if our QB is suffering from several hits in the game with a possible mild concussion, he should be taken out and allowed to recover. Most competitive QB's will refuse to sit out unless pulled from the game.

Keeping a QB in was Chow's weakness, it was painfully obvious that he had the old school mentality, leaving Schroder in, getting pounded by the defense. Poor guy looked like a tackling dummy during some games.
You’re talking about QBs getting playing experience. I’m talking about “musical QBs”. Two totally different things.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 pm
You’re talking about QBs getting playing experience. I’m talking about “musical QBs”. Two totally different things.
Same thing, going back to the point of Rolo making the change to win the game. Just let Rolo win the game by playing the best player. It's working, we have depth at Quarterback.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:59 pm
You’re talking about changing an entire offensive scheme for a player who may or most likely may not develop. If any player during Chow’s time should’ve been switched from receiver to QB it should’ve been Makoa Camase-Stevens. He was basically a Marcus Mariota clone and actually had experience playing QB in college before coming back to Hawaii. Also I did not like when Chow switched David Graves to receiver. See I’m not stubborn like you with your love.
I'm talking about putting a player in a place where he can excel, fulfill his potential and help the team win games. Yes, I was able to watch Keelan play in his high school years. He was physically gifted with elite speed and the skills to play the QB position. You probably never had the opportunity to watch him play at Quarterback, so how would you be able to know, except to judge him with bias that he "most likely may not develop"?

If Chow had retained Rolo as OC, Rolo certainly would have developed him at QB and the Chow years may have had a different outcome. If Keelan transferred to St. Louis and was groomed by Vince Passas during high school, it would have also turned into a much different story for him in college. A missed opportunity.

Yah, I do love UH football, and it was painful to see Chow put Keelan on defense, then at WR with limited touches, all while losing most of our games during his tenure at UH.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:24 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 pm
Same thing, going back to the point of Rolo making the change to win the game. Just let Rolo win the game by playing the best player. It's working, we have depth at Quarterback.
It’s not the same thing.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:17 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:59 pm
You’re talking about changing an entire offensive scheme for a player who may or most likely may not develop. If any player during Chow’s time should’ve been switched from receiver to QB it should’ve been Makoa Camase-Stevens. He was basically a Marcus Mariota clone and actually had experience playing QB in college before coming back to Hawaii. Also I did not like when Chow switched David Graves to receiver. See I’m not stubborn like you with your love.
I'm talking about putting a player in a place where he can excel, fulfill his potential and help the team win games. Yes, I was able to watch Keelan play in his high school years. He was physically gifted with elite speed and the skills to play the QB position. You probably never had the opportunity to watch him play at Quarterback, so how would you be able to know, except to judge him with bias that he "most likely may not develop"?

If Chow had retained Rolo as OC, Rolo certainly would have developed him at QB and the Chow years may have had a different outcome. If Keelan transferred to St. Louis and was groomed by Vince Passas during high school, it would have also turned into a much different story for him in college. A missed opportunity.

Yah, I do love UH football, and it was painful to see Chow put Keelan on defense, then at WR with limited touches, all while losing most of our games during his tenure at UH.
Except I’ve seen him play in high school. Fine player. Never thought much of his passing skills though.