UH 15 point dog to BOISE

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

UH 15 point dog to BOISE

Post by sarvicdar »

15 points seem high.

The first time around the spread was UH (+12.5) as Boise beat UH 59-37.

I say UH will play better this time around.

Since the Boise game UH is 5-2.

In the first game against Boise, UH turned over the ball 3 times with the differential being -3. Since that game UH has turned over the ball 9 times and gained 8 turnovers. If UH can continue this trend against Boise, mainly not shooting itself in the foot with turnovers, the score should be a lot closer imo.

The x factor is Reed, whom had 5 yards on 3 carries in round 1. If he continues on his current trend of 593 yards in the last 7 games (since the Boise game) it will bold well.

Other x factors are having Pritchard for the entire game this time around (If you remember he was ejected early in the first game).

Also having the fruit train (back) in this game, adding pass protection or releasing
on shuffles or passes out of the backfield bolds well.

I say UH plays loose, has nothing to lose, and feels no pressure whereas Boise needs to win this game to possibly have sights on New Years Day Bowl.

I also see CM and COR improving on their dismal performances from round 1. With UH's rushing game showing life it will keep Boise's pass defense honest.

Lastly with UH's DC calling plays from the field (now) his presence seems to inspire/motivate his players. I can see this continuing in this game and Rolo getting his players well prepared.

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Re: UH 15 point dog to BOISE

Post by daddy »

That seems like a fair number. We don’t typically play well at Boise. The one absolute edge that you brought up is that we are absolutely playing with house money. All, and I do mean all, the pressure is on Boise. UH has already achieved or surpassed any reasonable expectation for this season. If we can go up there and play loose, who knows what happens.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Get chance. Not much, according to the betting lines, but still get chance. Play hard. Play smart. Go Warriors.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

We can score on them. It will come down to who makes the most mistakes. TOs and penalties. I don't expect Boise to make a lot of mistakes. We've been pretty good the last three games. Play within the system and take what the D gives. Play disciplined football. This game will be a thermometer on how well we have grown this season, are we developing a how to win the close games mentality and what we have to look forward to in 2020 with all returnees we have coming back.

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

I like what I'm reading on this thread. GO WARRIORS!!! :zook: