Post game thoughts vs Army!!!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post game thoughts vs Army!!!!!

Post by couz808 »

Chevan was great at start. Thank goodness the injury wasn’t severe. Cole came in like he was on a mission. I know everyone hates the 2 headed QB but with that scare of an injury, aren’t you glad we have this 2qb problem. Defense still giving up big plays to the tough triple option. However we did have stops that counted and the 2 picks one of them for 6 was awesome. Also the turnover on downs when army went for it on 4th down was huge as well. Special teams were good tonight. Meskell made his fg and I thought victor was going to take it to the house with the huge return. We still have work to do against Boise. They have a tough defense and offense. I know the refs will be on their side. We need to heal and prepare for battle. One more win for the mwc championship and Vegas bowl bound!!!!

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Re: Post game thoughts vs Army!!!!!

Post by sarvicdar »

The D holding Army to 4-12 on third downs, and 1-4 on fourth downs won the game imo. Without those stops (and 2 int.) Army probably scores another 3-4 times. Army's starting QB leaving the game shifted the odds in Hawaii's favor. The player I enjoy watching in this game is RG, #67. He really holds his ground, and definitely will improve with more playing time (I saw that in the Nev. game). Furuta picking up the blitz, allowing the QB time to pass was really noticeable and bolds well when Hawaii plays Boise. Still don't understand why #91 is in the musical chairs rotation and isn't playing more..

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Cole and the coaching staff need to work on a possession game to hold the ball for a longer period of time. It's painful to see the first down wasted on a long pass incompletion since then it seems like the second and third downs don't seem to be much more fruitful either going for a short route on the out or a run up the middle by Miles Reed. Ball control management seems to be better with Chevan maybe because of the improvised runs or the mix of plays seem to keep moving the ball forward.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Khoury Bethley made a name for himself with those solid hits that stopped the runners without any yardage gained for falling forward. They were all stopped in their tracks.

Kudos to Miles Reed for taking a big hit and saving his quarterback and the play.

Love Dayton Furuta on his pickups of the delayed blitz and helping out on the five man rush.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Vitor is going to be electric as he develops....Eletisie looks as advertised, but needs to lose weight...having Dayton back boosts are blocking and has DBs shaking in their cleats...Corey is a legit strong safety and a hell of an open field tackler , definitely an upgrade over Santiago. #WinningWarriors
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

That was a fun game to be at. Glad to get that game out of the way.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Offense finally got into a flow compared to the past two games. Defense got enough stops and those two takeaways were big time. Okeke still hasn't learned how to wrap up tackle. He looks awful trying to hit with his shoulder and ends up whiffing.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Yeah, I kinda noticed that of Okeke but he's one of the few with speed to cover.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

With Ros pick 6, I see that on the season the Warriors now have 4 by 4 different players. Is that a record? The blocking on the pick 6's is great. I see the runner following a wall blockers in good precision. On Ros pick 6, #22 with a good block.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Great way for the seniors to end the regular season. Hope the momentum can continue into the champ and bowl games.

I think our OL will be great next year. Two guys were out last night (Vaipulu and Pryor) plus Hensley lost for the season and they still held up well.
ImageImage

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by MadCat88 »

I think what impressed me the most was just how unflappable the entire team behaved throughout the entire game ~ nothing seemed to shake them up. Even with the substitutions they have on both lines, the overall play was very consistently good if not great. The team finally has some real depth to cope with the dings and dents of a long season. The conditioning is showing too, as they appeared to still have a lot left in the tank even at the end of the 4th Qtr., while a very well coached Army squad was definitely running out of gas. Granted I'm sure the time zone difference had some effect (well past bedtime for those young men), as was the slightly warmer weather temps... they still looked physically worn down and tired. I know Coach Rolo likes to stretch the field early to open up the field underneath on later downs, but shooting into heavy coverage on 1st down EVERY TIME Cole is in isn't the way to do it (every team they are now playing knows that the trend with Cole). Just keep with taking what the D gives... and they will move the ball consistently. Overall... a great way to finish up the regular season, and beginning a run downhill back to Boise.